Main Discussion Area > Bow of the Month Contest

July's Self Bow of the Month

(1/5) > >>

OldBow:
Congratulations to Mark Baggett (Pappy) of Clarksville, Tennessee
His Black Locust Bow is July Self Bow of the MonthI finely finished my BL bow yesterday,I have shot about 150 arrows through it and no frets yet so I am pleased.It shoot where you look and no shock,Very smooth.It is 65 n-n 1 and 7/8 at the fades
to mid limb and tapered to less than 3/8 at the tips.It is covered with Timber rattler and the tip overlays are Buffalo horn that Justin gave me at the Classic.It is 52@26 and after shooting is flat
After rest has about 3/4 reflex.I think it will be a nice hunting bow.Hope you enjoy the pictures.

"hey pappy!  -  very nice bow! nice tiller and really good-looking w/the snakeskin and everything... - well, from what i can see the overlays look really good, too, and nice transition from backing to overlay as well. - my digi-cam has a 'makro' feature and a 'focus-on-spot' position; that make GREAT detailed photos...you know, i always learned by doing - even how digi-cams function         
again: very nice bow!" -frank

"Ooooo Weee that's a dandy! Fit and finish are top shelf...very nice bow" -Roger

"Very nice Pappy. I've always found BL to be a good bow wood" -Marc St. Louis

"terrific bow Pappy.  You'll have a BL to compare to soon as I'm putting the finishing touches on one. " -snedeker

[attachment deleted by admin]

8up:
Congrats Pappy !! It is a beautiful bow.

ber643:
Beautiful indeed, Pappy, - my first, and then my final, choice but that doesn't take a thing away from the others - and you guys ought to all be out of breath after trhat tight race!

You are back in my Traditional Bows Drawn pages (Page 14) again, Pappy.

medicinewheel:

it's been said many times: bunch of great bows again this month!

pappy, my congratulations for the win! i thought it was the best, too, so i gave it my vote!!

frank

tradrick:
Congrats Pappy looks great at usual.Maybe one of these days Ill have skills like that.tradrick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version