Author Topic: Terrible Tiller Cascara Warbow Experiment  (Read 18890 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Terrible Tiller Cascara Warbow Experiment
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 08:37:50 pm »
So no comment or what? :-\
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

duffontap

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 09:21:48 pm »
Dana,

Maybe you should post the same question under 'Bows.'  What is the density like?  Can you get good staves or just billets?

J. D.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 05:11:45 am »
JD Next time I'm over that way I will stop and cut a piece, also will try fer a positive ID. If I remember right
I should be able to get 3" to maybe 5" dia staves, but its been like 30 years since I've stomped thru it.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Jesse

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 11:49:06 pm »
Buckthorn ! If buckthorn works for bows Wisconsin is full of the stuff. And someone is making a bow with crab apple also.We have lots of that but ive never seen a straight piece of crab around here.  I wish pople or black ash made good bows. Got plenty of that. I will watch and see how this buckthorn thing turns out. The nice thing is nobody wants the stuff and people pay to get rid of it.
                                                                        Jesse

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

wanabehunter

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 12:59:28 am »
well the left limb looks nice  ;D

Offline jkekoni

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 06:33:13 am »
It is nice to know that Buckthorn is good bow wood. Now I only need a stave longer than half a mater and thicker than finger.  :(