Author Topic: billy's new video  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Dazv

billy's new video
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:57:30 am »

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: billy's new video
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:31:51 pm »
Great video, Billy.  Again, your committment to putting theory to the test is excellent. 

This would make a great article for Primitive Archer Magazine.   >:D     Ok, now you need to do an article on the time machine.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:45:39 pm »
very cool

The one shot, with the shortest penetration was discussed as having a wobble in flight. Good straight arrow flight is super important.

Thanks Billy, great test!
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 05:49:44 pm »
very cool

The one shot, with the shortest penetration was discussed as having a wobble in flight. Good straight arrow flight is super important.

Thanks Billy, great test!

Absolutely!  Good shooting form and proper arrow spine really do make a difference on arrival!  The point I took away from even the worst shot was how deep the penetration was.  The wound channel  involved both lungs.  I don't care how tough a deer is, take their lungs and they can't last forever.  Yeah, they will run and fast.  But their ticket is punched on a one way ride.  Thank goodness they don't think like grizzlys!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 06:26:37 pm »
Billy always does such great videos.     Quite impressive, 40# and a 300 gr arrow with a stone point. Quite impressive.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dazv

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »
i find it amazing how much penetration he got from a 40lb bow. I hate to see a perfectly good hide getting  shot at with arrows(i did learn from the video though), Its funny as i was watching the video i was stretching a buckskin hide over my knees waiting for it to dry.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 07:45:16 pm »
This is all very interesting but I have a word of caution. Check you game laws before trying to use these points. They are not even close to legal in Nebraska.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:46:22 pm »
This is all very interesting but I have a word of caution. Check you game laws before trying to use these points. They are not even close to legal in Nebraska.

...or South Dakota.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 01:28:26 am »
GA, where Billy lives doesn't care!  All they require for big game hunting is a "broadhead type Point"!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Traxx

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 05:28:42 pm »
Seems,i remember,Billy wrote an article about this,in PA,a while back.The thread on the site discussing it,ended up,with a lot of bashing of Billy,for useing the dead doe,for his tests.
Personally,i am tickled to see stuff like this,being brought back to peoples awareness and realization.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 05:56:50 pm »
I agree Traxx. Billy shows us what is possible with what we all want to hunt with. I applaud him.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 07:57:10 am »
Very well done. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 05:21:20 pm »
I enjoyed that.  I started checking out some of the others that popped up and really liked the dragonfly hunting video in HD.  Now that is entertainment.  I could watch that over and over. ;D
1’—>1’