Author Topic: Flea Market  (Read 2705 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Flea Market
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 01:25:01 am »
Good buy Eddie ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 03:58:49 pm »
I know were I can get cooked now 8)
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 07:51:04 pm »
I cooked a whole kiln full of Alifia coral (see bonepiles post) yesterday. I am going to have to change the switch or get used to cooking fast. After 3 hours on low I heard a piece pop.I unplugged it and let it cool down overnight. I lost two pieces of Perdnales but all the pieces of coral was still good except a big piece that just broke in half. And it all was treated pretty darn good. I could probably get used to heat treating coral in 3 hours, kinda like microwave cooking. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chief deer

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »
Eddie do have any idea how hot it got? You can use a regular cooking probe to monitor temps. Most of the long stemmed ones go to about 600.  That TX is picky about heat and I have never cooked Coral. One thing I have learned is that if you have a large load or large size pieces slow ramps and long holds on the low side of danger zone is what you want. If it is fresh dug is is also good to be able to hold it at around 200 to dry before you ramp up the temp. Happy cooking. Mike Smyth

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 11:41:43 pm »
Mike, I'm guessing it didn't get over 500-550. This kind of coral will blow to hell much hotter than that. I usually cook it all night at 500. I never ramp coral up when I've cooked it before. I've tried it a few times and never noticed a difference. i've got a but that is going to change the switch out so I can adjust the heat.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 04:36:52 pm »
Eddie, when you get that thing all figured out let me know. I've got two in the shop that have been sitting there for years waiting for me to do something, ha..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 09:39:38 pm »
Wil do, stranger ;).
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:22 pm »
 ::) :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 01:27:31 pm »
Nice!
1’—>1’