Linked Events

• Marshal Primitive Archery Rendezvous: May 25, 2012 - May 27, 2012

Author Topic: 19 th Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous Michigan  (Read 56539 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 19 th Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous Michigan
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 12:00:49 pm »
Thanks Pearl,no need for that,cost of gas/camping  I am sure is well worth the price for an event like this. :) When can you get there ? and when do you have to leave,I am use to the Classic,come when you want and pretty much leave when you want within reason. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 01:30:41 pm »
Pappy
When do you want to get there !
I usally go thursday Eve. but others are thinking earlier so I need to talk it over with everyone and get it all worked out !
As far as leaving we wrap up on sunday but clean up is monday if you want to stay its not a problem !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 02:16:44 pm »
I have been saving slivers for kids bows Guy! Hopefully I can whip out 4-5 that weekend.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 02:57:23 pm »
My intentions are to be there Thursday evening after work.  Will leave on Monday. 

JTurner:  I probably won't get much practice in but, I'll have a bunch of arrows to shoot!  Strength in numbers will be my strategy this year!

Drums:  Got my kids bow off to a good start, last night.  Mmmmm, how sweet it will be!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 05:10:46 pm »
Hey that reminds me
There is a boy scout troup planing to come they think about 11 boys between 9 and 11 yrs old
What do you guys think can we find enough bows to loan them for the shoot ?
I need to give them an answer so they dont come planing on something that won't happen!
I really don't want to but I know sometimes we break the no glass rule for children and think we may have to for this many loaner bows ,what are your thoughts ?
How many will you folks be able to have there ?
Guy
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 05:28:53 pm »
I dont have any glass bows Guy. I may have a very simple lightweight self bow or two to get them by. They are more than welcome to them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 10:25:33 am »
I can help out with some light poundage bows.  If we have to, we'll make some boy scout bows right there!  I think that there's an archery badge we could help them earn.  One of the requirements is making a bowstring.  No better place to learn how to do that!

Bring 'em. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 11:30:36 am »
OK it sounds like we will have enough stick bows for the boy scouts to shoot so I will let them know that!!
Just hope everyone remembers to bring them and some arrows for the kids to lose!
 This will probably mean that next year we will have a lot of boys showing up to make bows ,so we may as well start cutting wood for them !!!
I can hardly wait for the time to pass till I can go!!!!
See ya all there!!!!
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Eagle Boyer

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 07:55:05 pm »
hey, I'm a Marshall local and I've just started making bows so this sounds like a lot of fun.  But the only problem is that I'm only 16 and I don't have any friends that will go with me.  So I was wondering if there is anyone who wouldn't mind me tagging along with them?

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 11:44:16 pm »
Just show up and we will all tagalong together!!
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 11:46:17 pm »
Eagle Boyer:  Like Buckeye said, just show up.  We'd love to have you and will make you feel right at home.  You can hang out with us under the pavillion for some bowmaking.  Or, you could shoot the course with us.  Whatever you'd like.  Definately, your welcome at our campfire.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline tomwatson

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »
The wife and I plan on arriving Friday afternoon and staying till Sunday. Any idea how much we can pick up a couple of staves of blanks for? Can't wait to finally get started on our first selfbows. We recently built a couple of glass bows and they truned out well.

Tom

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 05:44:28 pm »
Tom Im guessing you wont find a stave or a blank any cheaper than you will that weekend in Marshall. I know me and all the guys will have plenty floating around to look at and use. If your going to be there all weekend you may as well just build them there with all of us around to chip in.

blackhawk

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 06:29:27 pm »
Tom Im guessing you wont find a stave or a blank any cheaper than you will that weekend in Marshall. I know me and all the guys will have plenty floating around to look at and use. If your going to be there all weekend you may as well just build them there with all of us around to chip in.

ditto that ;)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 07:00:46 pm »
Tom
I am glad its going to work out for you to be there for the weekend !!
If your wanting to build selfbows there is no shortage of what can be learned at Marshall !!
There will be blanks or stave's or whatever you need except maybe sleep a couple of the youngsters are are so fired up when they get together they may build for 60 hrs nonstop !!! Us old folks will sit back and enjoy the show, maybe do a little poken and proden along the way !!
Osage or Yew can be a little more money than the white woods but there is allot of trading going on so I am sure you will be a happy camper in short order !
Can't wait to get there !!!
59 days till Marshall Whoohhooooo !!!!!
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !