Author Topic: Rules for This Forum  (Read 101919 times)

duffontap

Re: rules for this forum.
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 01:29:33 pm »
yeah you can tell i dont wear this getup much eh. lol

They wont let you wear that on the hospital grounds?  That is so condescending to cave men. 

J. D.

jamie

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 01:43:06 pm »
maybe if it was a mental hospital. lol

duffontap

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 01:45:15 pm »
maybe if it was a mental hospital. lol

:D

a finnish native

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 02:06:08 pm »
so Iron age and Bronze age are not primitive or? I am mainly talking about for example the native american cultures AFTER the european man arrived (not the vikings).

bowdog62010

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 08:24:46 pm »
any one skin a squirrel with a rock/flake

jamie

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 08:50:01 pm »
yup. one slit across the back is all it takes.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 01:38:29 am »
 Jamie  I like the whole Idea of a primitive thread but it seems that "civilization" won't allow this.(You don't have to be profane to be "Primitive") I noticed this thread was'nt being used. Are there so many civilized people and none of us truly primitives ? Well, I for one like it primitive and that is my way of thinking,why do it complex,if simple gets it done just as good ? I too am a civilized human in that if I have a problem,I don't go shoot the guy(Obviously),but that does'nt mean I won't open my mouth.I like the self bow and a stone arrow head,at ten yards I will kill a deer just as dead as a guy using a 375 H&H. My joy is in the journey as much as the arrival.This is the binder of this group.Too many have got sucked into the "Political correctness"of our current society.I am not that way.I beleive in strength,I like common sense and I like accoustic instruments and guys that can sit around a campfire and talk without a radio playing wide open.I like homemade alcoholic beverages,I like eating meat cooked over coals and I like it really rare.  What is the percentage of guys that kill a deer with a bow and arrow that they made,dress it with a stone knife and cook it over an open fire at a camp they made themselves.Use the hide,horns and sinews to make themselves and they're fellow primitives some cool gear.Low percentage. How many of us spend more time in the woods and making stuff than they do in front of the television ?  Has civilization gone too far ?  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

jamie

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 07:15:49 pm »
yup :)

Offline mitch

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 02:35:00 am »
 Well as far as i know im the only 17 year old who has butchered a pig with stone flakes, everyone else my age just seams to rather be wathing tv or playing video games? :(
"Any old stick will do for a bow, but the arrow gets the deer." Ishi

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 02:37:23 am »
Well as far as i know im the only 17 year old who has butchered a pig with stone flakes, everyone else my age just seams to rather be wathing tv or playing video games? :(
Nope, a 14 yr old here, spends most of his time doing primitive stuff. I spend more time outside than I do inside. Most of it is spent making bows with stone tools(I cannot afford metal, except flint). I seriously have 2 iron tools- a hatchet and a knife.
Anyone here ever chopped a 8 inch black locust tree with a ground slate axe? its pretty dang fun!
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 04:43:06 pm »

i butchered a fox with a flint knife with a antler handle. and im 16  >:D
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »

I butchered a dozen squirrell with my teeth and bare hands, made a stew in a crock pot in the Teacher's lounge (no students allowed) and fed it to my classmates when I was younger than both of you.  Yes it was delicious.

Y'know, since we're trying to one up each other here... sheesh
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 05:24:14 pm »

I butchered a dozen squirrell with my teeth and bare hands, made a stew in a crock pot in the Teacher's lounge (no students allowed) and fed it to my classmates when I was younger than both of you.  Yes it was delicious.

Y'know, since we're trying to one up each other here... sheesh

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Re: Rules for This Forum
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 06:40:26 pm »
ya know, at least me and 'slayer were being realistic. that tree still stands... with a 2 inch cut in the side. and some broken stone on the ground...

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"