Author Topic: egg tan  (Read 21527 times)

Offline possum

Re: egg tan
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 05:29:21 pm »
Instead of pelling the shell, maybe we should PEEL it instead. ::)

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

jamie

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 05:58:36 pm »
whatever makes it enjoyable for ya. ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 06:03:37 pm »
If you want to make it really difficult, you could try laying the egg yourself.  :D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

jamie

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 06:09:20 pm »
i just spit food on my computer when i read that. lol

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 06:42:24 pm »
Jamie, you ever tried egg glue? Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

jamie

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 06:57:19 pm »
nope , do tell.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 12:20:26 am »
Mix egg white with water.  Done...  It actually is best for gluing paper to paper, like a white glue. It can also be used for gluing ceramic/pottery.  Kind of like casein glue from milk.  Justin

SW Utah

brokennock

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 01:51:27 am »
Hey bro, I would love to see a "tan-along" but even more so, if you need any help, I'm lookin to get some hands on learnin. Both on tanning and butchering. The place I would take a deer to hang in a cool place and have butcher it, has closed. I'd Love to learn how to do it all, but have no place to A) hang a deer (especially begining of the season when it's hot) and B) Could really use some one else to guide my hands. So when you finish whackin 'n' stackin and are up to your armpits in dead stuff, call me.

jamie

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 05:39:20 am »
you got it dave hope your ready to sweat.  :)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 10:30:52 pm »
Hey Jamie, like the handiwork!! I was wondering if you could tan with the hair on using that method, or is their a better way - just rolling some thought's around.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

jamie

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 06:40:45 am »
sure can

Offline cowboy

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 09:50:13 am »
10-4, thanks 8)
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

jamie

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2007, 10:07:59 am »
cowboy i was in a hurry before. the one thing you dont do with hair on is soak the hide . you have to string it up on a frame and rub the egg mixture into the dampened hide. getting it into the hide is time consuming this way but its no different than using brains. check out deerskins into buckskins by matt richards. it is the book on wet scrape tanning. also john mcphersons book is good too. i think horsefeathers carries them both or at least the videos. peace

Offline cowboy

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2007, 10:10:17 am »
10-4, again. I appreciate it Jamie!