Author Topic: Spring Turkey Hunting- Anyone?  (Read 15035 times)

youngbowyer

Spring Turkey Hunting- Anyone?
« on: February 06, 2012, 09:05:50 pm »
Was just interested to see how many of y'all will be chasing turkeys around this spring. I just applied for my permit last week(there's a lottery for turkey permits here in jersey) Hope to see some pictures come Spring!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Spring Turkey Hunting- Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:25:28 pm »
I'll be hunting several states for several months. :)Can't wait, they've already started Gobbling down here.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:13:59 pm »
I just got a nice little river cane yelper turkey call and have been practicing.  I don't think they are even taking applications for spring turkey season here yet!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Lone500

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:46:54 pm »
i need many turkey feathers for fletching so there going down! and they will be pretty fat and tasty too by the looks.
Leon      Saluda, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:00:51 am »
Yep that is my plan,in a month and 3 weeks. :) No drawings here just get you tags and go kill um. :) I think its 4 Tom's this year for the spring hunt and season last a little of 2 months.  :)   
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 04:34:45 pm »
You might want to try one of these new 'moble' blinds... >:D >:D >:D
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 05:39:47 pm »
Wild Turkey and Coke caused me to miss many a class in college.

Can't wait to start chasing those birds.  Got one of those midget bows that fits nicely in my blind, just need to get some pointy arrows ready for it.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline lowell

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 09:19:28 pm »
I'll be out there with my bow.  8)

Waiting to see when and where I got a permit in the 3rd lotto and will then apply for a 3rd permit in the last drawing!! :-\
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 11:11:58 pm »
I'll be chasin them for sure!! Spring turkey with a bow is almost my favorite. bought my tag a few weeks ago. We can buy them over the counter now, no need for lottery here in Michigan. Unless you want the first few weeks. There is a guaranteed hunt, but it's for the late season. Anyway, I'm workin on a new short bow, just for the birds ;D

Tattoo Dave 
Rockford, MI

Offline fencepost

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 01:14:42 am »
no shortage of turkeys in TN can count 5 in about every field

Offline Lone500

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 01:32:22 am »
drive around here and you will find them. i imagine its a little hard to shoot a bow from a vehicle let alone a longbow.
Leon      Saluda, NC

Offline fencepost

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 05:14:43 am »
till a garden round here it will get scrached up .  all the old timers will let you shoot all you can tote

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »
  I've been bow hunting gobbler for 28 years. 21 With a self bow, quit hunt hunting in 05. It's an a addiction of mine every spring. ( 15 with a self bow, 4 with knaped points, 31 with a shot gun) Only thing more fun than gobblers and selfbows are mature bucks and self bows. Gobblers are far easyer. On the farm I live on a saw a flock of hens in NOV 86, A FLOCK OF JAKES 17 in DEC and a flock of 7 LONG BEARDS TOGETHER IN NOV. It's the same on all the other farms I hunt and manage. I SAW BIRDS ALL BOW SEASON LONG. I grew up here in the EASTERN PANDLE of WV theres always been lots of gobblers.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Jeremy Holden

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 02:38:03 pm »
I'll be in south west NE at the end of April.  My hopes are to get one with my red oak board bow.  We'll see though, I may have to put it down and borrow my son's Christmas present, a Remington 870.  Then it's back to Illinois and I have a permit for some public land early to mid May.  Haven't gotten an Eastern yet.  Would love to add that to my experience's.  I love turkey hunting, it's like deer hunting but without scent control.  I go nut's trying to remain scent free.  Love the spring.

-Jeremy

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 05:13:08 pm »
I'll be in south west NE at the end of April.  My hopes are to get one with my red oak board bow.  We'll see though, I may have to put it down and borrow my son's Christmas present, a Remington 870.  Then it's back to Illinois and I have a permit for some public land early to mid May.  Haven't gotten an Eastern yet.  Would love to add that to my experience's.  I love turkey hunting, it's like deer hunting but without scent control.  I go nut's trying to remain scent free.  Love the spring.

-Jeremy

Amazing eyesight, freakishly good hearing, thank God they have such a poor sense of smell or we'd never get one!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.