Author Topic: some oooga booga ponderin'  (Read 40891 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: some oooga booga ponderin'
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 10:51:09 pm »
  Just thought I'd throw something preposterous out there to see how desperate somebody could get in a bad situation. ;)  Bull testicles might not be so bad, given different alternatives. And I thought they were good, slow, smoked. 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 11:22:10 pm »
Like I said...what kinda Man would eat something that belongs swinging....well eddie answered that question for me!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2009, 12:45:32 am »

In Montana, they have an annual Bull Testicle Festival, in a little town somewhere in between Missoula, and Helena.  It is always after I leave from out there.  I think it is over now.  So Eddie you will have to wait till next year.  I haven't tried em.  Some friends of mine have, and said they are pretty good fried.  I just don't have the desire to try it, unless there wasn't anything else to eat......for a lonnnnng time! ;)  But as for why anyone would try it, I guess maybe wayyyy back in time, the lowest member of the tribe, got the left overs, and acquired a taste for em.  How do you think sausage got invented.  And can you imagine what the first person to eat an oyster must have gone through before actually thinking about eating that?  Must have been awful hungry.  But thankfully he did.  I love em.  Raw, stewed, fried, what ever.  As for the Bull testicles, I think there might be a possibility that I might have unknowingly ate some bits and pieces of em, since I am fond of head cheese.  I once bought a package of it, and lo and be hold, there was part of an eyelid, complete with lashes.  After I picked that out, it was pretty good.  So, if they will pack that in there too, I would assume that they would put the clappers, staff of life, and all, in also.  I haven't had any head cheese in some time.  I just might have to go to the store, on my beer run, and pick up a package. ;D

Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 09:31:42 pm »
gotta love some good head cheese.  ;)
lets just shoot it

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 10:02:25 pm »
Theirs a place up on the red called the river - go figure. They've got some of the best rocky mountain oysters i've ever had. They gotta be battered and fried though :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2009, 10:19:07 pm »
I've eaten them before. Kinda rich so a little goes a long ways.
 I'd rather have squirrel brains and tongue. I've eaten squirrel eyes too, but would rather have the bull nuts. :o
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2009, 10:37:56 pm »
never had tree rat brain. how do you cook those?
and if yer eatin squirl head gravy you got to eat it warm before that ole ear wax starts to harden up.  :o
lets just shoot it

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 12:26:50 am »
You guys are amazing. Mountain Oysters are good eats. You all talk like there is something wrong with eating them but Ill bet you all eat eggs that come straight out of a chickens....................  8)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 12:49:54 am »
I always just skinned the whole squirrels head out and fried it real slow.  After it's cooked, you would just crack the top of the head open with a big spoon and dig out the brains. You can pry open the mouth and pull out the tongue, it ain't bad, but I don't care for the eyes.  I've ate plenty of them, when I had to.  I don't have to any more, so now I just shoot 'em through the head. >:D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 01:06:35 am »

Not only do we eat the chicken eggs, but we eagerly drink alcohol, which is waste from bacteria...... ;D  So male bovine glands should not be a problem.  Like I said, I have friends who eat them fried, and like them.  I just haven't had the urge to try them.  I might if I had enough of the bacteria by product though...... ;D  Some of the S.A. Indians eat tarantulas, but won't eat an egg.  They think it is disgusting to eat something un born.  I guess it depends on what part of the world you are from.  I know I would not eat a duck egg with an embryo in it, like in some parts of Asia, or snake blood wine, in Vietnam, or some of the other exotic foods around the world.  Like they say in Italy, " Tutti E Gusti, sono Gusti."  All tastes are tastes.  Or in other words, to each his own.  I used to be called weird because I would eat smoked oysters, or squid in ink sauce for breakfast at the fire station.  But the ones saying that would only eat steak and potatoes, CBC. (Chicken, Broccoli, Corn )  Anything else was weird.  I told them they would not do well traveling outside of the US.  Maybe one day, when I finally get settled out in Montana, I will go to one of those festivals, and actually partake of the one time calf seed producer.  But being a man, there is just something about seeing them removed, and and fried, and then sliced!! I can't help but wince......:o :P :(

Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 02:36:26 pm »
I always just skinned the whole squirrels head out and fried it real slow.  After it's cooked, you would just crack the top of the head open with a big spoon and dig out the brains. You can pry open the mouth and pull out the tongue, it ain't bad, but I don't care for the eyes.  I've ate plenty of them, when I had to.  I don't have to any more, so now I just shoot 'em through the head. >:D

im gunna have to try that one day.
lets just shoot it

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 08:56:28 pm »
  This is funny, I only posted about, "whittlin'" because of the comments  of "I'd never eat that!". Yea, when you get hungry,,, bet me, ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2009, 11:05:42 pm »
  This is funny, I only posted about, "whittlin'" because of the comments  of "I'd never eat that!". Yea, when you get hungry,,, bet me, ;D
The funny thing is you don't even have to get hungry. Get people away in a survival or even just a camping situation for a few days and they will eat a lot of things they usually wouldn't. The mind kind of heals itself from the insanity of the detached modern life. I went on a trek with a bunch of 14-18 year olds. Some of these kids wouldn't eat anything that wasn't out of plastic wrap. By the 3rd day they were killing and eating rattle snakes. They had plenty of food, but their state of mind was healed. 
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 12:02:10 am »
that sounds like it was fun. my friend has a couzin from up in yankee land and he is coming down next week. we gonna go out on a friends land with a few tarps in a sleepin bags for a night or to and see how it goes. we have seen big cat tracks around there so it will be interesting. im gunna bring my pistol just in case, but we arnt gunna have any trouble.
lets just shoot it

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2009, 09:59:03 am »
i eat grubs and other crawly things on a regular basis so cow nuts cant be that bad. not gonna run out and look for em but id try em. what a screwed up topic this turned into  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct