Author Topic: "certificate errors"?  (Read 1904 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
"certificate errors"?
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:35:03 pm »
For some reason, starting last night, my computer keeps popping up a warning about this site.  Never happened before.  Says the site has a certificate error.  Any ideas?  It's annoying as heck.  Every few seconds I have to click close.  dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline jonathan creason

Re: "certificate errors"?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 12:43:51 pm »
It happened to me a couple of times on my phone yesterday, too.  Haven't had any issues today, though.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:17:59 pm »
Sometimes certificate errors are due to a date stamp error.  Check the date and time on your pc.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 01:32:31 pm »
Sometimes certificate errors are due to a date stamp error.  Check the date and time on your pc.
It isn't a true certificate, so it cant really have errors except being expired. Since the site requires log in it requires cookies to keep you logged in. Cookies expire, but they should be updating their expiration time (which is usually months away) every time you log in. It is probably like Marc said, a date stamp error. Check the time on your computer. If that doesn't work, log off the message board, clear the cookies in your browser, then log back in.

If it were a secure site like a page to enter credit cards it would have certificates that need to be verified.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 11:58:51 am »
Good explanations Marc and Justin. I had it happen on my phone yesterday.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:18:42 pm »
I went to the detail of error and hit show content and it hasn't done it for a few days now, thanks for your comments fellas.  dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 03:52:19 am »

Hey, how about putting this stuff on Pm?!  If my computer sees another thing to cause me problems, it will jump all over it! :( ::) :P  Me and puters just don't get along.  I just want to push, or as we say down here, "mash" a button, and have the item or site pop up that I have selected.  But Noooo, it has to play games first, and I have to figure out what to do.  Mostly call a Friend of mine who is my computer guru.  So please don't put this stuff where my computer can get access to it! ;)  I don't want to have to take this one out and put a clip of .45's through it, while chanting magic words, or something like unknown tongues etc., and then take it to the inlet, and throw it in to drive the evil spirits out.
I have already had one close encounter of the third kind, and my Buddy even said it was haunted.  When you were looking at the screen, it would run like a scalded dog, but as soon as you turned your head it would shut down. :o  I am serious about that.  It was weird!  Ended up getting a new hard drive for it.  But it came within seconds of taking the ride to the woods, and then to the inlet.  Evil spirits, and demons, don't do well in salt water. ;)

Wayne