Author Topic: Glass Buttes Knap-In, Oregon  (Read 4562 times)

Offline aaron

Glass Buttes Knap-In, Oregon
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:59:29 pm »
This non-event has no official dates, no schedule of events, and no one in charge.

People just seem to show up at Musser Resovoir (google maps) during the end of march every year.

Glass Buttes is 77 miles east of bend in some beautifull, but unforgiving high desert. Low temps at night usually in the 20's. Daytime highs 35-55. Dirt roads to obsidian pits often impassable. If you think that your rig cannot get stuck, we'll still pull you out- cell reception is OK. No water on site. Port-a-potties only. Nearest store an hour (?) away (riley). Not a good place for free-roaming dogs.

I'm going , probably the 27th to the 31st. I think this will be my 14th year!
This vid from 2004 features me in overalls and an elmer fudd hat. http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/segments/view/1495
Ilwaco, Washington, USA
"Good wood makes great bows, but bad wood makes great bowyers"

Offline juniper junkie

Re: Glass Buttes Knap-In, Oregon
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »
I had to miss last year, so I am planning on attending end of the last week as well. hope the weather is good. we have been getting some late season snow, but the extended forcast is looking good.

Offline Keenan

Re: Glass Buttes Knap-In, Oregon
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:37:26 am »
Juniper Junky and I are heading out to the knap-in on Sunday the 25th - to maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope to see some of you there