Author Topic: Mike Yancey's Wyoming elk hunt  (Read 6977 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Mike Yancey's Wyoming elk hunt
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:00:58 pm »
This article was of interest to me as it was describing my old hunting grounds in which I guided and outfitted.  There was no mention of which trail they used getting into the Thorofare and that made me wonder about the route taken?  I have tried calling the numbers listed in the article and they have been disconnected.  The numbers in the web page also do not work.  I have the latest edition of the Wyoming Outfitters listings and there is no Hidden Creek Adventures listed.  I have to assume they are no longer in business in Wyoming.  I regret not meeting Mr. Yancey while he was in the Cody area as I could have given him a tour of the real Cody country!  It would have been nice to have had a look at the Sheepeater collection that was originally on display there.  Two mummys and lots of gem quality points and tools were on display and were later removed when the present day Indians were given burial rites to these artifacts.  One last comment:  the Thorofare used to be the best trophy elk hunting area in the States and is the largest non roaded area in the lower US.  Because of the introduction of non native wolves in Yellowstone, the elk hunting there is mostly gone and outfitters have a difficult time making a living there.  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: Mike Yancey's Wyoming elk hunt
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 03:19:24 pm »
Yeah I agree ... Next time you are near here mike definitely give a shout would love to hit the trails with you ... Great article by the way.. Hawk

IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston