Author Topic: Absence  (Read 4424 times)

Offline MetisLifeguard

Absence
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:06:14 pm »
Kwey Kwey All,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes.

I will probably not be on as often as I would like to be for the next little while. I need to take a LOT more shifts at work as I can in order to pay off the laptop and then pay for the replacement parts of my damaged and pretty much wrecked car.

Story behind the car: (just got it on the road thursday... lucky me, eh?)

I was coasting down a hill at about 50-60km on a dirt road and starting to turn when my car hit a patch of ice and was sent fishtailing forward. I tried to turn and see if I could get it to go straight, but that didn't work. So, I turned left again and the whole car spun around sideways facing the direction I was coming from. The car hit the ditch sideways and sent me rolling into the ditch. (I missed the frozen swamp by about 3 metres.) At the last second it rolled again and I landed on my wheels (thank god). I now need money to replace the windshield and sunroof, and fix the dents all over the car itself, due to my inability to open the drivers door more enough to just slip in.

I escaped the crash/flip with a scraped up knee and a sort of messed up leg from tensing up against the dashboard as I was rolling.

So, long story-short. I'll be working a lot more to gain that money. I'll keep you guys updated on how everything is going.

Thanks,
Take Care All,
Andre
A leopard never changes it's spots. It just learns to hunt a different way

Offline cracker

Re: Absence
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:20:31 pm »
Good luck to you I hope everything works out for you for what it's worth I've been down that road figuratively speaking. Hang in there and keep on keeping on.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:01:12 pm »
Speaking for everyone here, the most important thing is that you are still around to post from time to time. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:45:30 am »
What JW said!! Glad your still around!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:12:12 am »
Yep ,glad you are OK and shows a lot of character  for you to step and do what you need to do. I like that a lot ,don't see a lot of that anymore,it's always poor poor me. :) Good luck and keep us updated on how things are going.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good