Author Topic: Time to launch an arrow for David  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Keenan

Time to launch an arrow for David
« on: December 31, 2011, 01:29:59 am »
For those that have been following David's journey. It's time to pay our respects to a fellow Brother of the Bow
 this posted a little earlier.

written by Nancy Baldwin

David passed away quietly about 8:00 tonight central time, with his wife Donna by his side. Although we will forever miss him, we are thankful that he is now at peace. We'll be posting arrangements for visitation later.

Thanks to the many people who expressed their love for him. Your kind thoughts and prayers were comforting to him and our family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Time to launch an arrow for David
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 01:46:18 am »
Bon Voyage, David.   
 Donna, you're in our thoughts.

thanks for posting this Keenan.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »
David, 

Here is a poem for you. I feel it is fitting. 

Blessings to you and your family.

Cipriano 

Requiem (Epitaph)   

Under the wide and starry sky
Dig the grave and let me lie.
Glad did I live, and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you grave for me:
“Here he lies, where he longed to be;
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.”

Robert Louis Stevenson 

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 01:19:37 am »
Cipriano, Thanks!    This poem hit me! Thanks    :'(
...and the hunter home from the hill    8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 01:26:33 am »
I sent a freshly made sourwood arrow to the southern sky last night about midnight for David.

Offline Mickey

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:25 pm »
As most of you know I have been in and out of touch for the last couple of years. Last night I got an email from Tim Ott (Timo) telling me of David's passing. I've been crying a lot last night and today. David was a good friend, one of the best human beings I know, and an awesome primitive bowyer. Honestly, the best at tillering I have ever seen. I have several of David's bows and have mentioned him frequently in the pieces I write for Primitive Archer. If you keep your back issues please see in the Dec 10/Jan 11 issue the piece called "Special Bows", in the June/July 10 issue the piece "Ain't Much of a Bow" and most recently in the Dec 2011/Jan 2012 piece "The Late Season". I feel blessed to have carried and taken game with David's bows. I will miss David terribly..already do. What a loss to our community and to mankind. Terrible loss.

This weekend I will pick out my best cane arrow, string up one of David's bows, and launch an arrow toward the setting sun.

Godspeed David. Please save me a seat beside you at Heaven's campfire, and if I manage to make it there, we'll once again talk bows, and tillering, and limb tip weight and you can give me some more tips in that easy going southern drawl of yours. See ya bud!

Mickey/ The Ferret

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 04:20:01 pm »
Mickey, had I known you were not aware of David's passing I would have sent you an email. I'm sorry for that.
  Maybe it won't rain this year and we will finally get a chance to meet at the classic if you come. I guess Tim told you about sending one of David's bows to the Classic and one to Mojam to be raffled off. Saving my $ for a chance to win it or at least to contribute to the cause.  8)
  I just read "Special Bows" the other night again. I love to see my name in print!  ::)

Offline Mickey

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 09:49:59 pm »
Hey Pat. Pappy sent me the dates and of course it is on my calendar. If it's going to rain this year I may just come down in the car.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 12:25:38 am »
That would be cool Mickey. Looking forward to it.