Linked Events

• Presque Isle Shoot: May 25, 2012 - May 27, 2012

Author Topic: Presque Isle shoot....Who's comming this year?  (Read 23230 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Presque Isle shoot....Who's comming this year?
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:39:04 pm »
This shoot is sneaking up on us fast ! The dates for this year's shoot is Friday May 25th, Saturday May 26th, and Sunday May 27th (campers may arrive earlier please give me a yell). The cost is $10.00 per person per day.  Kids under 12 are free, camping is free, and we supply fire wood for free. We are located in Northwest Pennsylvania, 564 Moore Rd., Waterford, PA 16441 for more info call or email me (Ryan) @ 814-873-2461 or ryanocycleshop@coaxpa.com

We have traditional vendors, door prizes, and an awesome "BREAKFAST BUFFET" served on both Saturday and Sunday morning in the club house. Hamburger, hot dogs, and beverages with also be available in the club house for lunch.
Saturday night we have a "POTLUCK DINNER" everyone brings a dish to pass and we all get together for some good eats!

We have a very unique shoot with two 25+ target courses through nicely wooded rolling terrain with small creeks and bridges. We also have several moving novelty targets set up through out the courses, such as a Running Whitetail Deer, a Treed Bear with hounds, a spinning strutting turkey, and a charging Boar. Last year, we also added an after dark Coon shoot, so bring a Flash light!

We also have a couple of unique contests on Saturday and Sunday.
 Saturday is our "SMOKER ROUND" we set a "Special course" with a mixture of 3D and home made 2D targets.
The object is to shoot through our "Special Course" with only one arrow for score.  The person able to finish the course with the highest score wins.  If you loose or break your arrow and are unable to finish you are out of the running.  You may only carry one arrow with you.  There will be two classes, natural (Wood/Cane/bamboo) and Man made (Carbon/aluminum/fiberglass).  You may continue to shoot your one arrow (even if it breaks) in order to finish the course.....The cost is $5 per person, one class per person only please. The winner splits the pot with the Club. (Last years winner won like $45)

Our other contest is on Sunday.  It's called the "TRADITIONAL BOW HUNTER CHALLENGE".  This contest is free to enter.  We set up a qualifier at the practice range some time sunday AM. You must shoot your best to qualify.  We only take the top 5 shooters for the actual contest.  This contest is a woods walk where we test your knowledge and ability as a actual traditional bow hunter.  You should bring anything you think you may need with you as if you were on a real hunt (No Broadheads though please).  Extra points may be awarded for being prepared for anything.... The winner of this contest will receive a nice prize and a trophy.

A BIG THANK YOU ! Go's out to all those of you that have attended this shoot in the past and have helped make this event what it is today.
 We hope to see you all back this year as well as plenty of new faces this year !
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:21:20 pm by Calendargirl »
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Keenan

Re: Presque Isle shoot....Who's comming this year?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:18:01 pm »
Ryan where have you been hiding Bud? Miss seeing some of those awesome recurves you make. I told Lulyn I wanted to try to make your even this year but don't know if I'll be able to. We are scheduled for the Classic the our event here in Central Oregon on May 18-20th  so it would be very jammed. I'll still be getting stuff back home that week before yours. ::)

Offline Ryano

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:13:02 pm »
I've been hanging around Keenan. Just haven't been building any bows as of late, and so I haven't been on here much either. It would be awesome if you can make it but if not I totally understand, that would be a heck of trip even if you werent cramped for time.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:57:39 am by Ryano »

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 12:33:18 am »
Me and some of my buddies are hoping to make it again this year...Great shoot and a great time...The food is awesome as well as the courses and company...
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 01:39:38 am »
Sounds like fun man.  I'll definitelymake it up if I can.  I only live 2h away. 
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline Ryano

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:00:02 pm »
Great Bill Glad to hear you and your crew can make it again this this year.

Looking forward to meeting you also Rob. Hope you can make it!

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:43 am »
Oh you are gonna make it Rob..even If I have to drag ya up.. >:D >:D lol
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Ryano

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 10:03:09 am »
By the way anyone who wants to come a day or two early and help set up or even stay till Monday and help tear down we'd really appreciate that. We'd be happy to hand out a free t-shirt and one days free pass for the shoot per day of help.  ;D I promise I wont work ya that hard.  >:D

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 06:45:15 pm »
Ryan, I gota cut back on a couple travel shoots, gas prices ain't helping, last year I missed because my back was screwed up, but I did 6 weeks of rehab which did doolie squat, My back feels good now and don't plan to miss one of my favorite shoots, I'd love to come early and play with you guys in the woods. Chuck
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline Ryano

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 09:53:29 pm »
Sounds great Chuck. Can't wait to see you and the Misses.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 09:22:43 am »
Chuck glad to hear that.I hope to make it also,not sure yet but it is in my plans.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 11:11:06 pm »
Pappy, It's always great when ya make it to Presque Isle, and all the rest of the guys that go to both Presque Isle and the Classic. Chuck
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline Ryano

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »
That's Great to hear guys! I'm afraid the fuel prices may scare off some of our shooters with longer drives. Hope you can make it Pappy  :) , but if you can't I would certainly understand.   :'(

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 09:57:45 pm »
Ryan,
I've been looking forward to the Presque Isle shoot since the drive home last year!
I'll be there and I know that several Hawkeye members are planning to attend also.
We love your shoot, the courses and the competitions are a lot of fun and the food is GREAT!
Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 10:36:06 am »
Ryan, I'm also hoping to make it, not sure if anybody is coming with me but I'll see. Maybe I can come early or stay late to help ya, I will let you know. Thanks, BDan
Cleves, Ohio