Author Topic: truly sad or decisions, decisions  (Read 3931 times)

Offline yehti

truly sad or decisions, decisions
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:53:36 pm »
For many years the CTA has had its shoot here in North Carolina held on Memorial Day Weekend and the Tennessee Classic is on the first weekend in May.  This year however, it has been moved to the same weekend as the Tennessee Classic.  Since the CTA is based in Western North Carolina and many of us like to attend both shoots as they are relatively close together many of us will have to decide which to attend.  The CTA has moved its shoot from the Maiden Range to Kerr Scott Lake. This year there is no camping on site (pay sites away from the shoot), no coon shoot, only allowed to compete in one class of shooting and everyone must be off site by 7pm every day.  I think that its sad that me and my family must make a choice like this but I dont think I will have to debate this with myself for long.  It seems that all of the fun has been taken out of the CTA shoot.  Does anyone think I am off base with this "rant" or am I hitting the nail on the head. :( :(
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:59:18 pm by yehti »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the majority decision”.
--Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: truly sad or decisions, decisions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »
You are hitting the nail on the head, Yeti. Those dumbies at CTA really screwed up now! We all knew it was inevidable after Herb Reynolds died but we just weren't sure when it would happen. They lost my support with this move of dates and locations.  :P I've been going to "Hickory" for many years and always donated a bow or something to the shoot. They are the loosers as far as I am concerned! It is really sad they had to take this route but they did!

I'll take the Tenn Classic any day over CTA! 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 07:15:49 pm »
Having never been to either, It seems a no brainer to me. I would go to the Classic and forward this thread to the other, just to let them know how bad they have messed up.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »
i am sorry to hear about the other shoot,but you know the classic will be a great one.see ya there,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:14:33 pm »
The "Hickory" Shoot(as it was known) was my home state trad archery championship. I was a member of CTA(Carolina Traditional Archers) for years but had to let my membership lapse. I still went to the shoot each year and always donated something for the raffle. Like I said above CTA is the looser in this deal. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:37 am »
yep..a no brainer... hey pat remember the good ole days when we had the shoot at herbs house?   the best days of my youth,,some of the best shoots i ever attended,,where-else could you skin a hog before breakfast,, eat some  of it and then have a shoot....herb was my bow teacher,, showed me  how to make my first self bows and laminated bows,,,,,  i sure do miss him....James
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:13:41 pm by robustus »

Offline yehti

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »
Its my state shoot as well and its actually close to where I live.  That being said when the fun is gone its gone.  One of the reasons I think the Classic is so enjoyable to attend is that there is so much comraderie between individuals there.  I truly hope the CTA gets back on track for next year!!!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the majority decision”.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 02:40:34 pm »
Hate to hear that. The Hickory shoot has been on my "to do" list for years but something always came up.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 03:56:11 pm »
It will never be what it was when Herb was around.  :(  James, I never made it to Herb's house for the CTA shoot but I must have been to the first or second year at the Catawba Wildlife Club.
  James, maybe we are the reason they changed the dates and place. We always had TOO much fun and the guys up the hill hated it!  >:D

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 04:18:03 pm »
maybe they changed locations because of those really smelly yehtis',,, last one i was close to smelled so bad it gave me the dry heaves :o :o,, all they do is wander around and poop everywhere,, cant walk anywhere without stepping in it.. guess thats how they mark their territory for other ugly smelly critters >:D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 06:49:50 pm »

Seems like whenever there is a "New Sheriff " in town, he has to make changes, to show his "au-thor-a-tie!", well when the membership goes down, and the contributions go down, maybe he will listen to reason.  If not, oh well, sounds like up to now, you had a great thing going.

Wayne

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:43 pm »
Been to the Hickory shoot the past 2 years, but have yet to make it to the Classic.  Had fun in Hickory both times, but that's mostly because I was hanging out with my son and the neanderthals in here.  I'll be heading to the Classic this year though, without a doubt.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:44:15 pm »
It's looking like a lot of First Timers going to the Classic this year. Anybody tell them about the First timers rule?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline yehti

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 08:45:38 pm »
They may have changed the location because of that robustus but, uh, well,......... I will get you for that one!!!
Mullet, SHHHHH let it be a surprise.

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 08:57:29 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(yep yep yep