Author Topic: truly sad or decisions, decisions  (Read 3895 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: truly sad or decisions, decisions
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 11:50:00 pm »
Tim Beach said he had to close down the Alexacarri Plantation for 6 months while he dragged tires chained together to knock down all the piles left by the Yehti. Hog hunting there might never recover. :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 02:16:47 am »
Terry, can you imagine these pots calling kettles black? Like Forest Gump said(actually his Momma)...ugly is as ugly does!... With that criteria, most of us look pretty good!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 03:07:01 am »
It's looking like a lot of First Timers going to the Classic this year. Anybody tell them about the First timers rule?

Eddie, I ain't saying. Marie did say I get to stay in the BOM suite and drive around in the cool camo BOM golf buggy  8) She offered to have the PA jet pick me up, but I passed up on that.

Sorry to hear about a good thing being ruined... "To be or not to be... At the Classic? That is the question... Eh"

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline yehti

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 11:54:15 am »
mullet i have a favor to ask.  I have this neat suit of camo I want you to try out its just your size. when we go to the Classic you can wear it, it is brown with this cool antler rack on the head I think it will work really well and with ggood results.... for me anyway. >:D  see ya soon.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the majority decision”.
--Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 12:45:56 pm »
with all the changes for the hickory shoot, the choice is fairly easy for me this year!  maybe sometime in the future, maybe we can have a shoot at my farm.  take up where the elberton shoot left off.  don't think i could ever be as organized as pappy.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 01:57:33 pm »
O ya you could Chris I get a lot of help. :) I really hate that they changed the dates,We get a lot of folks from NC and I have always wanted to make it over there,I thought this might be the year when I heard it was changed. I really appreciate the support yall give the Classic but know decisions like that are hard to make. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 02:16:38 pm »
Not hard for me, Pappy. The Classic is #1 as far as I'm concerned. If I could only go to one shoot a year it would be the Classic! Us NC guys have been waiting for this to happen since Herb Reynolds passed away a few years ago.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline yehti

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 02:38:06 pm »
Pappy the decision isn't that hard to make.  When one club changes the date of its biggest shoot to that of its neighbors, i feel that its just poor form.  Its one thing if the other club is 2000 miles away but this just isn't the case here.  Not to mention the rule changes, location change and camping situation.  Alot of the guys i see at the CTA shoot talk about having been to the Classic that year or attending it the next.  Not to mention that some of the Vendors will have to chose which to attend and Vendors will attend (in most situations) the location that they can make the most sales.  I doubt that Vendors like Big Jims will attend the CTA shoot if he has to pick because the customer base will be larger at the Classic.  Most archers i have meet will all but bend over backward to help out if they could (except robustus, he would just poke you in the eye with his thumb.  smile james >:D) but this is not a situation where the CTA didn't know about a possible conflict when they changed their date.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the majority decision”.

Offline yehti

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 09:28:06 pm »
Has anyone heard from the CTA any other reason as to why the changes to the State Championship Shoot?  I would hate to be ranting about something if there were actually a good reason for the changes.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 08:53:44 am »
All I heard was they thought the Memorial day weekend made a conflict for some folks that wanted to go do family things. I also think that the ones that made the changes have never came to the Classic or ever planed to. I talked to several vendors at the Spring Fling in AL. this weekend that couldn't figure out the change,Big Jim is coming to the Classic,he said no brainier for him and that's what most I talked to said,we will see and hope it goes good for both.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline yehti

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 02:37:11 pm »
I hope it goes well for the CTA as well but any other weekend but the one they chose would have been better and what about the change of location and the rule changes. I am still confused.