Author Topic: Today is my evaluation.. I get graded today as a teacher  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Re: Today is my evaluation.. I get graded today as a teacher
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 12:56:24 pm »
been teaching high school biology for 15 years and the one thing i've learned is that everyone has their own opinion about how teaching should be done "correctly."  as long as my kids score above the state average on the End of Course test, i don't give a flying ripe what someone says about my teaching.  if i beat the state, i must be doing something right!  i had a very difficult time listening to my ex-principle last year.  just never could wrap my mind around how someone who spent three years teaching elementary p.e. could help me with high school biology.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:25:01 pm by Mechslasher »
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Postman

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:27 pm »
Congrats, Cipriano ;) If you are new at this, I Hope you have a great career teaching! Lots of  hoops to jump through, but helping a few knuckleheads makes it worth it in the end.

Well said, Mechslasher, especially the last sentence...almost spilled my tea laughing!

I've been  lucky enough to have administrators who don't bat an eye when I walk into school holding  an irate 40 lb. snapping turtle, or flapping redtail with a broken wing.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:57 pm »
We just finished two days of high school vo-ag classes with our raptor presentation.  These kids were great, they were full of great questions, were relatively polite, and many offered to help carry crates and gear for us.  Today at the Outdoor Campus at the GF&P we were approached by two of them that are asking us if they can volunteer to do some "dirty work" for us.

The only way to get good kids like this in a high school is start with teachers like you Cip!  People that encourage curiosity, train them to focus their attention, and treat others with respect.  The thing I remember most from 1st grade is getting a ruler across my left knuckles for using "the devil's hand"....fer cripes sake, it wasn't even Catholic school!!!  I'm so glad your students have a positive male rolemodel teaching and molding them. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 10:46:43 pm »
Your lucky it's over.  I've got an "informal" one this week and don't even know when my formal one is scheduled for.  Yay.
1’—>1’