Author Topic: My Wagon Wheel Display  (Read 20782 times)

DBernier

My Wagon Wheel Display
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:30:45 am »
Some of you know I have been working on a display to "show off" some of the beautiful stone work I have bought, traded and best of all, you have given me. I had an old carridge wheel in storage for over 20 years and just could not give it a purpose. Well here it is. The table its self is the wheel, consisting of a 2 1/2 inch steel axel with a steel base 10 in dia. x 2 1/2 thick base welded on. A thick plate glass specially cut to fit this was done by a friend who I will be eternally gratefull. Thanks Fred. Between each spoke is a # on the outside rim and I am creating a "legend" in a sterling silver picture frame with pages that describes each item in that area and who made it. The base is a 5 gallon water bbl with the top and base cut out. In the second photo you can see the frame it slides into and securely holds it. I have been long in making this and I wish to thank "ALL" of you who have contributed to this effort. My wife loves it because she gets back our other living room. It will be center stage in that room and will be the first thing you see when you enter it. Once again thanks to all.

Dick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DanaM

Re: My Wagon Wheel Display
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:34:21 am »
WOW, thats really nice Dick. Think I'm jealous
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 11:15:30 am »
Great idea Dick.  I must contribute.  HMMM what to make.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 12:10:14 pm »
Thats a beautiful table and idea, Dick. I'll have to make you a miniature bow as a contribution.  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DBernier

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 02:20:27 pm »
Thank you PatB and Justin.   ;)  I got it all mounted sense the first post and it looks fine. I am going to put some of the artifacts in and see how they fit. The depth is only 1.5 inches at the hub and 1 inch at the rim. I have cut some leather pads for the glass to sit on which should give me another 1/8 inch clearance at the rim. It is so much fun doing something like this. I sent a photo to my Son in Fl and already he wants it. "The body is not even cold yet"  ;D . Anyone who gives me something, or trades me will be immortalized in the legend. I will post more photos as I get to finishing it.

Dick

jamie

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 04:47:25 pm »
thats awesome. hows about a flint point with some blood on it? or will the whole arra fit? just have ta wait till the season starts. peace
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 04:49:28 pm by jamie »

DBernier

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 05:17:28 pm »
Its only 17 inch's from the hub to the inner rim Jamie. But, what an awesome idea.  ;)  I may save a space for myself too if that happens. Can always section the arrow as it will never be used again. Great idea. Hey, even a 16 inch arrow is cool too.   ::)  I like this.   ;D

Dick

tradrick

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 06:18:33 pm »
That sure would look good sittin in my bonus room.A great idea and craftsmanship.That tables going to hold alot of fond memories.Great job.tradrick

DBernier

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 10:03:38 pm »
Your right about the memories tradrick. Some of this "stuff" has a lot of meaning to me.   :)  Even as I look at the items before me for placement, I get a warm feeling looking at them and remembering who gave them to me, why or how I used them and where I found them.

Dick
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:06:21 pm by DBernier »

jamie

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 10:06:30 pm »
well then after i shoot one ill snap it over my knee if the deer doesnt do it first. ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 07:16:34 am »
Beautiful Dick,great Idea.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 08:43:11 am »
Looks good. I've got some contents in the works.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 11:46:33 am »
Thanks fellows. If you send something, please sign it for me.   :-*  These will be keepsakes and will have fond memories.  ;D  Thanks

Dick

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 06:56:37 pm »
Very nice Dick,I'm glad I got to contribute while we were at Pats.Put the good side up ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 09:07:36 pm »
Eddie, I thought I was the only one who made points with a public side and a private side  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.