Author Topic: My Wagon Wheel Display  (Read 20798 times)

jamie

Re: My Wagon Wheel Display
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 09:27:52 pm »
man i feel so much better to im not the only one. its like an n.a. meeting (nappers anonymous)

DBernier

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 10:28:29 pm »
Eddy, it is already placed. The good side up? These points etc I received from you "people" do not have a bad side. They are all so beautiful.  I had a friend visit today and he was in awe of the "stuff" between the spokes. He stayed about 4 hours shaking his head and fondling almost every piece, weather it was on the table or in the display. He made me promice to take him looking for arrowheads etc. I am already looking for another wheel.

Dick

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 11:06:43 pm »
man i feel so much better to im not the only one. its like an n.a. meeting (nappers anonymous)
[/quote         Glad ya explained that  ;D.........bob]

DBernier

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 09:35:59 am »
Glad you are feeling better Jamie. Lay down, take a nap.  ;D  Got a couple more points yesterday, Thanks Vinson.  8)  As you can see the "Wheel" is filling nicely. I am using paper descriptions with the names till I formalize the legend. Got CRS you know.  ???   Got a neat idea for that legend too.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:39:58 am by DBernier »

Dustybaer

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 10:10:07 am »
that looks great, dick.

duffontap

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 09:41:56 pm »
I guess the Yew warbow I was going to make you wouldn't fit in your display.  Oh well, I'll give you a zwikey arrow head instead.  ;D

J. D. Duff

jamie

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 09:51:14 pm »
hey dick was just goin through my stuff and found the first stone point i killed a deer with . send me your addy and ill give it to ya. peace

DBernier

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 09:54:04 pm »
JD if the bow is not over 16 inches long it will fit. What a neat idea.   ::)   Future project. One quarter scale bow and arrows.
  Jamie be sure you sign it for me.

Dick Bernier
6319 NC Hwy 49
Mebane NC 27302
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:46:17 am by DBernier »

makete

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 10:34:59 am »
What a neat idea. If you had enough you could sell them, or give them away as gifts. They would look great in almost any house. What a great conversation piece. Love the idea of the small bows for display along with smaller arras with points, wouldnt that be an awsome display? LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this.

DBernier

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 10:56:19 am »
Makete, if you mean the wheels, they are hard to come by and rather expensive. The people who have them sell them as antiques. It is the reason I never got rid of the wheel, even though it was a pain bringing it with each move. I have located another one and it will probably take another 20 years redoing it   ;D .  I do like the idea of 1/4 scale bows and arrows thou. Imagine 1/4 scale Flemish bow string from brown and gold silk thread. Wow. ::) . Anybody else got any ideas for "How to display your Artifacts"? I have put a flood light in the ceiling to shine on this display.

Dick
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:16:55 pm by DBernier »

duffontap

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 03:16:10 pm »
JD if the bow is not over 16 inches long it will fit. What a neat idea.   ::)   Future project. One quarter scale bow and arrows.
  Jamie be sure you sign it for me.

Dick Bernier
6319 NC Hwy 49
Mebane NC 27302

Dick,
I love the idea of a mini-warbow.  I'll add it to my to-do list for the winter.  Cool.

J. D.

DBernier

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 04:19:56 pm »
Hey JD, I'll make a couple of war arrows. Start off with 3/16 sq. iron rod and machine them out. For display you only need a 1/8 dia short hole for the shaft and file them down from there. Oh man this is neat. I have an Osage plank in the shed. I will lay out a 16 inch self bow tomorrow. Like I don't have enough on the plate.   ::)  Well I understand thinking rejuvenates brain cells.   ???

Dick

duffontap

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 02:37:15 pm »
If I can make a mini that I like, I'll send it to you. 

J. D.

DBernier

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 04:44:05 pm »

Received not one but two beautiful points from Knapper42 (Jack Hemphill) out of Texas. Thank you so much. There are a few of the guys from Texas sending "stuff". I will rearrange some points and have a Texas display. This is really cool. Thanks   8)
  JD, I will send you one of the arrows when I am done. I got the iron from a friend today and Marie sent some Peacock feathers I can use.   ;D

Dick Bernier
Mebane NC

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 02:20:25 am »
Hey Dick - love your collection. That's a good idea, something I should prolly do one day - you know when I get the time  :). You got a package coming, if I'da known about your display I would have thrown in a few points. How are you doing by the way?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.