Author Topic: My Wagon Wheel Display  (Read 20783 times)

DBernier

Re: My Wagon Wheel Display
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:45 am »
Hey Cowboy, good to hear from you. Yes the display is comming along fine. I love going into the front livingroom and seeing it.  ;D  You should have a better chance of finding a wheel down there than here if you want one. You have a wide range to search with all your travels. Thanks in advance for the package. Hey on the points, send them when you send back the jig. No rush. I think I will do a "how to" on footed shafts using the jig if someone doesn't do one first. Hey maybe I could learn something. I am feeling great right now. Each day is better than the last. Loosing a lot of weight. Later.

Dick

DBernier

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 02:36:33 pm »
Speaking of Cowboy, my mail carrier just left and I received a package.   ???  It is a gorgeous skinning stone knife.  :o   It will fit in well with the Texas stuff and I thank you for it. Beautiful.   8)  It is like Christmas around here lately.  ;D

Dick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 12:52:20 am »
No Dick - thank you for all the fletched shafts, jig, and footing practice peices ;D. I have yet to find time to try the footing's but will. Feel like I need to get one good bow built for huntin season - though I have one already that will do the job :). That knife - don't worry, I could have done a lot better job if my wife and best friend hadn't been in the shop complaining about marriage matters while I was working on it - another story. Anywho, when I get some footing's done I'll send ya the jig back and a  handful of points for the use ;D.

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

DBernier

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 08:33:20 am »
Thanks Cowboy. I appreciate it.

Dick

makete

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 11:11:17 am »
Dick, your gonna need to fix up that other wheel quick if all these people send in stuff. You wont have enough room for it all in the one you got :D. You could have one with just small bows and arras.lmrao. Or make a bow rack for the itty bitty ones. Now wouldnt that be cool to see; different styles all in a small rack? ;)

DBernier

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 08:15:13 am »
Makete, your right. Based on the people who said they would send stuff I have room for the points etc. I am sketching some miniature abo bow racks but will reserve one spot for a miniature bow and arrow. These ideas are all so good you wish you could do them all.

Dick

DBernier

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 02:43:01 pm »
I know this may be becoming a bore guys but a friend, thanks Dave, sent me some small knife blades, medium arrowheads, and some preforms for me to work on.  I have two slots open for the miniature bows and arrows and some other "stuff" comming. Appreciate it.

Dick

Offline cowboy

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 09:18:11 pm »
Not a bore - keep sending the pic's, I enjoy looking at it :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

DBernier

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 05:21:26 pm »
Hi guys/gals. Jamie sent me a point made of Obsidian. I believe it is the point he used to get his first deer with a stone point. It is going in a special space of points used to harvest critters. I have found mine and will label it along with Jamie's and hopefully I can put another one in there after this fall/winter. Vinson gave me one he used in Texas and another in NC. This is really neat. Thanks Jamie and Vinson.

Dick

Offline cowboy

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 05:47:11 pm »
Hey Dick, that's cool to have some points that have taken large game. Wish I had one :), hopefully sometime during this years season - if I do, that one will be going on my trophy wall.

jamie

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 07:37:50 pm »
glad ya got it in one piece. thats why i save those mint tins.  ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 08:29:14 pm »
I absoultly love yer display Dick, I see them wagon wheels all over up here rotting in fields. Gonna
have to see if I can get one. Of course I have no room in the house for it and nothing to display but what the heck
if I can find one might as well grab it eh?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

DBernier

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 08:43:35 pm »
DanaM, I had that wheel for over 20 years. I told my wife some day I would find the right use for it. I put the glass top on it today to see if it all fits. It really looks good in that room. Thanks to everyone.

Dick

DBernier

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 06:33:43 pm »
Well, I got 4 more points in the mail today. Three of them from Steve Saffold and one large point from Andy Cipriani. I guess that about fills the wheel except for the space for the miniature war bow and arrows (in the works). Again I want to thank all of you who contributed to make this display an outstanding one. I will post one more photo of all the points in place less the bow display.

Dick

Offline cowboy

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 06:55:24 pm »
Cool - boy your really racken em up. Won't be long before you have a complete arsenal ;D.