Author Topic: bucket list bows  (Read 6931 times)

Offline seabass

Re: bucket list bows
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 12:16:10 am »
usernametaken,i would be honored to have one of your bows.can't be no worse than mine.keep at it,thats what i'm doing.to everyone else,if i didn't mention your name,i probably allready have one.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:47 am »
I must say, I have not seen a bow posted on here BY ANYONE I would not be honored to have. So, no list from me.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

TurtleCreek

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 12:47:25 am »
  I am lucky enough to have one of Halfeye's creations, it is actually the first primitive bow I have ever owned.  Other than that one, I would have to say that it would be great to have one made by Blacktail because I have a big interest in his west coast style, Druid because of the "natural" appearance of his work, and one of Keenan's ever since I saw the sturgeon backed juniper he did a while back.  Get's me thinkin', there's just too many to list but those are the ones that popped up.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:29 am »
 I love the thread for the resons of it really shows the hearts of this community.  I've had people look at the bow rack on my wall and ask why do you need so many bows?  They just don't understand what each one means to me. Weather from a novice or veteran bowyer, they each have there own character and reflect the heart of the individual who gifted it.  To have one from every member on this site would be a treasure for sure. The main reason I enter the bow swap each year is to give back to this community, and to receive a bow from another by pure random drawing is the icing on the cake and a great way to build my collection from fellow bowyers

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10:47 am »
i just made a count i have 5 bows of Halfeye's , and a fine trade bow from jonathon creason from last year . other than that i would be proud to own bows built by anyone . great bunch of builders here. if i had to start a list it would be gmc .Patb , gundoc , keenan, blackhawk, coaster ,man too many to list yall just send me one  >:D

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 02:34:28 am »
the easiest way for me to do this would be to say i would love to have a bow from ( insert your name here) ...... i ahve a rally hard time choosing even when there is only one option for me so this is virtually impossible with all these incredible options  ;)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Josh B

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 05:32:17 am »
Ken, did you have a typo? :o. How did I end up in that line up?   ???  Thanks man!  That was unexpected to say the least.   I don't think I could manage a short list.  One of Half eye's scalloped bows would definitely be on it. A Ken75 crepe myrtle would be sweet.  Patb  Keenan, Blackhawk  WillH  Pappy of course,Mwirwicki, Timo, Druid ,  and ........, and. .......,  well you get the point. Josh
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:51:29 pm by Gun Doc »

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 05:45:47 am »
I thought this was going to be a list of bow styles you should make before you pop your clogs. :(
I think it's a bit invidious having a list of whose bows you like to try.
The batch of Self Yew ELBs I was about to ship over to you guys has been recalled due to the absence of my name on any of the previous lists. ;)
And don't think you can put my name on now... too late I shall hoard my bows, they're mine all mine... (exits left cackling wildly)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline randman

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 05:46:10 am »
I'd be tickled to have a bow made by anyone on this forum. Any one but me, I got enough of his. And it looks like I will since I'm in the bow trade this year. Just got to get a chance to finish my trade bow. These guys that have already finished are makin me look slow.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline johnston

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:04 am »
Nice thread. Would agree that a bow from everyone is the way to go but to
single out a few...I have a couple of halfeye's , he was my #1.

Ken75., Pat B.,PeteC.,Twistedlimb and gstoneberg.
And if he starts building again, nomadicpirate. Manny
might be the absolute best.

Lane

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 11:48:23 am »
Every bow I get from anyone else is in my bucket!  8)
   One favorite bow I have is reported to be a Jay Massey bow. Jay got me started in primitive archery through his books and when this bow was given to me it was like a dream come true.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 12:02:07 pm »
I thought this was going to be a list of bow styles you should make before you pop your clogs. :(
I think it's a bit invidious having a list of whose bows you like to try.
The batch of Self Yew ELBs I was about to ship over to you guys has been recalled due to the absence of my name on any of the previous lists. ;)
And don't think you can put my name on now... too late I shall hoard my bows, they're mine all mine... (exits left cackling wildly)
Del

NOOOOOoooooo.......  :'( Del you would have to be at the top my list. After a beautiful white horn nocked yew longbow (seen one on your website I believe that was very nice) crafted by yourself, I also like to have one of robustous's beautiful hornbows hanging on my bow rack.

I am also lucky enough to have one of halfeyes bows. A very finely crafted weapon.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:09:39 pm by toomanyknots »
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline RyanY

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 12:41:56 pm »
Tim Baker, Badger, Marc St Louis, Celestino Poletti are the ones I'd die to get my hands on just to name a few.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:07 pm »
There are many obvious names.  The one person I think should be mentioned though is Youngbowyer.  If that kid keeps it up and at his age, I think he could accomplish a great deal in his years.  It'd be fun to have one of his bows from his young age.
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 01:15:08 pm »
he is the only one on my list Parnell.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.