Author Topic: Freshly bitten  (Read 9134 times)

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
Re: Freshly bitten
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 01:13:06 am »
Butch:  Lots of deer, some hogs.  Some of the locals are trapping them, and either butchering them on the spot or taking them to market, (pork's pork I guess  ::)).  It's been two years since I've seen any on my place and just about all of their rubs on the trees have washed off with all the rain.  Last years drought may have pushed them closer to the big rivers since two of my pond dried up completely.   

I drove down Rt 66 this evening and saw a sign at the Corps of Engineer Office where Arcadia Lake is gearing up for their archery deer management hunt.  Chandler Lake is having their Deer/Duck drawing this weekend (18th) too.   I plan on checking both out. 

Come join us.

Otoe

P.S.  Do you have any experience with Johnsons sawmill in Spavinaw?  That's where I heard they have Ipa.

So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 01:32:54 am »
George T:  Cool Site.  I'm soaking up info like a sponge. 

David W.  First Bow?!!   Pics and details please so I know what to expect.
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 12:44:17 am »
  Welcome,Heh,Heh,Looks like it's too late for a cure.Got any Merriam turkeys?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 02:06:44 pm »
Mullet:  Not much of a turkey hunter (yet) but I'm pretty sure most of what we have are Rio's.   :-[

makete

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 03:02:21 pm »
The way you write, I cant wait til you submit a story to PA. Welcome!!!!!!!!!

CHUCKER

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 03:25:37 pm »
 :-Xwelcome! shavings & sawdust are the only thing that brings relief!

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 06:38:58 pm »
Makete:  Thanks for the comment.  I'll take good notes and photo's of my first bow and or PA hunting experience.  Does PA have a "Parting Shot" humor section? ;D

Chucker:  The simple things, like making shavings and dust, are the only things that keep the "Diovan" events in check.  Keeps your spirits up and blood pressure down.

Otoe