Author Topic: Off the wall question to everyone.  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Tower

Re: Off the wall question to everyone.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 12:24:03 am »
I've been just enjoying where its going.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline TRACY

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 12:46:44 am »
Derik, there is a grad student over there named Rob ?? something and he sent me emails to have anyone who knapped to stop by the lab and knapp with electrodes hooked up to your noggin. He is trying to measure brain activity while knapping to map out the paleo brain or something like that. Sorry for not staying on topic Tower. This sort of relates.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 01:02:25 am »
Tracy, ...huh? Rob? I may have to look him up.  I went back today and nocked the arrow and started the slot for the point. Didn't see anybody though.

I kinda feel like the only electrodes I want to hook up are 7018s and their equals.  ;D (welding humor), funny how these threads evolve, huh? Thanks DON!!  ;D ;D dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline TRACY

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 08:14:35 am »
Tower, do have any ideas/formulas to use to get a better estimate to the real # of knappers out there? Maybe Derik or I could drop the idea to the paleo lab at IU and see what they have to say.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »
I would venture to say those numbers are close...but who really knows?? You would first have to determine a definition of what a knapper is....I realize someone put a description up, but that is way too vague. Someone who tries it once in my mind is not a knapper. I know a reasonable number of knappers that don't attend events, or boards.

Brian

PS Eddie I volunteer my mother-in-law :laugh:
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.