Author Topic: Another abandoned Pearl stave saved..BL D bow  (Read 4595 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Another abandoned Pearl stave saved..BL D bow
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 12:30:42 am »
Since my name was use in vain I guess I need to chime in.
 Nice save, Blackhawk!  8)  Somebody has to take up Pearlie's slack!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

blackhawk

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 08:08:17 am »
Thanks guy...no worries..I don't see either of us slowing down anytime soon,so go get some more popcorn and keep enjoying the show ;)

Thanks seabass...that sounds like a great plan...see ya in a couple months 8)

Thanks pat...lol  :laugh:  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:50 am »
Nice save,sweet bow . :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Old timber bows

• I live to build bows
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 10:10:41 am »
That looks great you build nice bows keep up the good work my freind take care keep building bows you have a gift and when freinds give you wood that is even better than they say darn I sould made that one lol no what I mean drums lol.
Old timber bows

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 10:31:04 am »
That looks great you build nice bows keep up the good work my freind take care keep building bows you have a gift and when freinds give you wood that is even better than they say darn I sould made that one lol no what I mean drums lol.

Kind of like that twisted "fish hook" osage stave you gave me! Thats my Marshall project this spring. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:11 am »
Thanks pappy  ;)

Thanks marty....ya know I got a discarded marty stave too...hmmm..let's see what I can do with that one ;)    ;D.....I think I know what im going to do with it,but it might be awhile before its done

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 12:56:48 pm »
Like I told George, I'm a little slow on the uptake but when I get it I get it. You guys crank out bows like no bodies business. I'm like the blind squirrel, eventually I find a nut. Seems like it takes me forever to get one finished. I look at the stave with longing and a distant look in my eyes and it seems like one day I have it in my mind and I go to work. I'm challenged by how you guys mow thru bow wood like no bodies business. Keep upp the good work and by the way, nice tiller.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

blackhawk

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 01:28:54 pm »
Hey thanks danny  ;D..lol.....to each his own and we all are different and build bows at different paces...as long as we all enjoy it then nobodys wrong......just don't try and go too fast ;)  im one of those once I get going I don't wanna stop types...and I love the tiller process,it gets my engine cranking if ya know what I mean.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 02:19:35 pm »
Oh to be young  again
how many hrs a week do you kids work on bows ?
These folks need to understand the hrs you put in this so they don't think your building a bow every few hrs !!
This hobby is not a race !!
I have seen these fellows put close to 30 hrs in on a weekend and they spend time thru the week also !
I so enjoy them but fully understand what it takes!!
cant wait to get back together with you folks and do it again!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 02:28:33 pm »
Im 40 Guy! That not so young anymore. A plain ol' bow takes me about 3-4 hours from bark on stave if I dont need heat. I spend an average 10-12 hrs a week Im guessing? Marshall is right around the corner buddy! We shall meet again! Kids bows are the goal this time, lots of 'em!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 02:35:09 pm »
Hey Guy....just say it man....I know I don't have a life   :P  :laugh:....its true and I know it...im a recluse hermit and its all I do.   8)......ill spend anywhere from 12 to prob almost 40+ hours in a week pending on how hot the fires burning.

Offline rps3

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16:48 pm »
Another nice one, you are a machine.

blackhawk

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 02:23:31 pm »
Thanks bob...one of these days we need to meet yet...I haven't forgotten about ya...my buddies n I haven't gotten together in awhile cus we all have been mentoring and teaching folks on our spare weekend time...one of these days soon here. Im hoping anyways...

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 11:32:40 pm »
Very nice save. That bow would be a good friend to take into the woods.

I don't know what a Black Mockingbird is, but I'm sure I want one too  :laugh:

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

blackhawk

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 11:56:42 pm »
thanks cipriano...she is as smooth as silk to draw n shoot...black mockingbird is my handle name on trad gang....im thinking of giving this one to an older guy i work with  :)