Author Topic: Posting Links (clarification of rules)  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Posting Links (clarification of rules)
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:44:56 am »
There has been some confusion about posting links here on the message board. This post is to clarify this rule. External links to PA advertisers may be posted. This includes posting active links, http://www.primitivearcher.com that may be clicked on and take you to the site, and inactive links primitivearcher.com that can be copied and pasted into the browser to take someone to the site. Posting the website of a non-advertising business is against the rules.

Please think of it this way; How would you feel if I offered a premium snakey osage stave to everyone on the forum for FREE, but told you to pay $400 for your stave. We are asking advertisers to pay for their ad, so we cannot give a free one to everyone else.

Informational only sites like George's http://georgeandjoni.home.comcast.net/~georgeandjoni/archer.html and others like it, THAT DO NOT HAVE ITEMS FOR SALE can be posted without violating this rule. You can also send the link to a moderator or administrator who will ad them to the list of educational sites under the library section.

The advertisers are facing a hard economy and are pulling their ads to try to save money. Please support them when you need to purchase something, and please tell them you appreciate them supporting Primitive Archer magazine because their advertising dollars are helping to keep this forum so we can keep making great new friends and keep in touch with old ones. I know I wouldn't enjoy bow building near as much without my friends here on the message boards.
A list of advertisers can be found here. http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/board,35.0.html

If you have any questions please ask, or feel free to PM me and I will try to answer them.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Posting Links (clarification of rules)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:12:07 am »
I remember my early copies of PA were saved specifically for the advertisements!  I count several of those advertisers as personal friends today, thanks to their great products and good service. 

My hat's are off to the advertisers, thank you folks.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:47:48 am »
Thank you, Justin.  Well said.  I appreciate those who wanted clarification and those that follow the rules with willingness and respect.
There is a list on the message boards of all the current advertisers and events who are in our sponsorship program.  These will be updated regularly.  Please p.m. me if you you all see a mistake.  And as Justin said, please if you do speak to one of our advertisers mention our name so that they know we appreciate them.
Thanks,
Marie

;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 01:51:48 am »
Marie, Justin thank you!
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:44:15 am »
I hear you JW, there are some advertisers that I consider friends, at least for my part. I know I can call them and they will take care of me like I am their only customer.

Brian, Im happy to help. Communication is the secret, if we can all just get on the same page it solves most of the problems that come up.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah