Author Topic: A Little bit of Hunting  (Read 6175 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

A Little bit of Hunting
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:21:29 am »
I'm just about finished making a couple of bows  :) so hopefully I'll post then soon  :D :D

In the meantime I've being busy Hunting with airguns, here a few pics

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline gstoneberg

Re: A Little bit of Hunting
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 07:25:24 am »
Nice!  I love to see your airgun hunting pictures.  Beautiful hunting grounds there.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Kpete

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 12:12:17 pm »
What kind of "chickens" are those in the picture?  I used to think my Crossman pump pellet rifle was really something, ahhh... I think not!  Do you shoot the piggies in the head, or do chest shots work?  Really cool, thanks for the pics

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 12:19:48 pm »
AWESOME Stuff there!!  love me a airgun.  keep them pics a comin!! dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 12:42:30 pm »
Manny nice to see you again! Great pics. Super hunting!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 01:56:54 pm »
awesome pics Manny! love to see pics of dead piggies! dirty buggers have overrun almost every corner of the U.S.  btw do you tan the mongoose hides?
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 01:59:21 pm »
Nice shootin!  What kind of air gun are you using? I just might have to get me one. I got ground squirrels in the wood shed that eat my garden every year and I have a gopher pit instead of a front yard. My son is a good shot with the bolt action .22, but we never seem to get them all.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »
What kind of "chickens" are those in the picture?  I used to think my Crossman pump pellet rifle was really something, ahhh... I think not!  Do you shoot the piggies in the head, or do chest shots work?  Really cool, thanks for the pics

Those Chickens are Peacocks, a bit like Turkey hunting  ;)

Pigs are strickly taken with Headshots, this airguns are so accurate that I could hit a Quater at 50 all the times, some of them a Nickle
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 03:15:30 pm »
I hope your pigs hold still better than ours...  It's almost impossible to consistently head shoot them here because of how much they move around.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 03:18:44 pm »
Nice shootin!  What kind of air gun are you using? I just might have to get me one. I got ground squirrels in the wood shed that eat my garden every year and I have a gopher pit instead of a front yard. My son is a good shot with the bolt action .22, but we never seem to get them all.

I have .22 but my Hunting guns are .25 .357 and .452 ACP, the AR style gun that took that PeaHen is the .452 ACP

Most of my Guns are Korean Made

The .452 is a DAQ, American custom made gun

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »
I hope your pigs hold still better than ours...  It's almost impossible to consistently head shoot them here because of how much they move around.

George

No, the move around just like yours, you gotta be patient and anticipate the shot, as the put the head down to feed be there already and meet them  ;) ;) ;) ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 04:06:09 pm »
Nice collection of guns there. Just curious. What's your day job?

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 04:16:00 pm »
Bounty hunter?  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 04:44:05 pm »
Hey NP, I've always enjoyed your posts on here...curious if you would mind sharing the cost / source of that gorgeous .452 DAQ, American custom made gun?

Cheers!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 06:39:54 pm »
I'm glad to hear you are making a few bows again Manny.  I love to see your hunting photos, but the bow photos are really what makes me grin!

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.