Author Topic: where did it go?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Tower

where did it go?
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:07:24 pm »
What ever happened to the point swap? That's kinda how I got my feet wet with this place & I haven't seen it in a long time. I'm interested.   Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Bevan R.

Re: where did it go?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:20:43 pm »
I am not ready to take part, but I loved seeing what you guys swapped!!
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:28:27 pm »
Bevan its not like that! Its not about swapping points between seasoned knappers. Its about knappers of all levels swapping their points. No judging . That's how I see it.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:31:11 pm »
I appreciate the thought Tower but in the bow trade, we requred participants to be able to make a shootable bow. I feel to be in a trade like this, you have to make something more than gravel  :P
Count on me for next year though. All I plan on doing at the SW Iowa bash and crash is learn rock shapping. 8)
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:34:44 pm »
My points are still rough, but I'm in for sure if there's another swap. :)  I love swapping points, try to always have one in my pocket if I'm gonna meet somebody from the forum.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Tower

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:42:17 pm »
Talk about carrying around points . Here is a pic of the dash of my truck. People everywhere find knapping interisting.

Offline bubby

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 09:50:26 pm »
I'm up for a point swap, let's see if we can get one going, were all making point's anyhow guy's , Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:06:16 pm »
Tower, all I gotta say about that tray is....that just ain't right!!!!  LOL, wow man, small gold mine to this guy~
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:57 pm »
Yeah it has been a while since We hada trade on here.  Last time I recieved one of Towers points and it is awsome. would love to be in another trade.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 01:15:12 am »
Id be down for a point trade!!  Don, I hope you never get in a wreck (KNOCK ON WOOD), the thought of those things flying around in the cab of a truck scares the crap out of me.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 01:23:37 am »
Bevan, Don is right. It's not about the point, but a chance to get one , better or worse than the one you traded. It gives you something to compare your points to. Even thick points you can learn from just by looking at the platforms that weren't set up properly. And when you get real good and famous someone has one of your first ones that is worth millions on Ebay.

And that informal rule on the Bow Trade was for a different reason. I'll tell you in a PM but not here.

Tower, I'm in. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 01:41:16 am »
Count me in !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Tower

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 02:52:42 am »
Yeah Lee, I need to clean it off. Everytime I hit the breaks hard it sounds like something breake. At least the wreaker man has something to look for.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 09:56:08 am »
 The Count me in.   Bevan the people that have been knapping for awhile want the new guy to get a nice point so they can learn from it.  We all remember what it was like starting off.   Having a well made point is like having a reference book.  It is fun to have a point from a new guy and then get one 2 years later and compare them. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 09:59:36 am »
Sounds like fun. Haven't done any swapping around here in awhile. Lets do it.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.