Author Topic: Hey all  (Read 3677 times)

Offline MoNative

Hey all
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:49:42 pm »
Just wanted to make myself known on here, just joined lastnight. So hello, and nice to be on Primitive Archer forum. :D
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. He is our rock of ages, our everlasting arms.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Hey all
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:55:18 pm »
Welcome MO. Got any good pic of stuff you've built?  We love pics!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline MoNative

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:24 pm »
Here they are. ;D
hltp://forums.mathewsinc.com/archary-4/traditional_archery-17/back-when-i-had-more-time-208932/
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:17:10 pm by mullet »
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. He is our rock of ages, our everlasting arms.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 08:30:10 am »
Welcome,glad to have you here.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:23 pm »
Another addict....so sad, so unnecessary.*

*This message brought to you by the Communist Chinese Cheap Compound Cams Company.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline David_Daugherty

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 10:55:44 pm »
Hey Mo, glad to see you joined PA. 
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline jobobeda

Re: Hey all - long introduction
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »
Hey All, Also...
New to Primitive Archer.  I'm hopelessly bitten by the Archery bug.  I recently retired from 40 years of ceramics, pottery and sculpture. now I'm a 69 year old beginning rock basher want to be!  I've been layed up with Lyme disease for several years and recently on I.V.s.......ever try to tiller a bow with an I.V. tube in your heart? ..well it can be done!

While sitting around with the I.V. one day, my brother-in _law  called to tell me about his recent relocation to Missiouri and his bow hunting experiences.  Wow!  sounds line fun to me!, I'll build a bow!  But now I need to make a string!  Did that.  What'a my gon'a shoot out of the bow?  Got some Bamboo, some poplar dowels, some feathers and even some duct tape and some crude arrows happened.   But I haven't  shot a bow since Highschool in the late 50!   Wasn't there something about Archers Paradox that needed to be considered?  Oh, I'll look it up on the internet, but first I'd better build a target !  Hey what the heck is that big black mark on my forearm and wrist?  Now if I could just remember what that old Highschool football coach said about form and archery shooting...put the apple on who"s head?

Well, it tillered out well, 72 " longbow 10" k to k 50 lbs at 28" an oak board, no bend through handle no arrow rest 1-1/4 inch set.  I chickened out, and early on "glassed" the bow back.  It's a nice bow but alas, not primitive!

I want to make one of those "benty knotty" ones,  with all the character!  Another artist once told me that he had trouble drawing lines straight.  I told him that was what a ruler was for, and that the crocked lines were  the hardest to make, just like a bow!

I'm hoping to get to know some folks here, and along the road make a "primitive" bow and trimmings to give to my brother-in-law,the hunter, so that he can throw away that metal wheeled, cabled contraption and come outa the trees as GoD, I mean, ISHI  had intended.

Thanks for reading,
jobobeda