Author Topic: Scrape Design  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Jeremiah

Scrape Design
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:43:15 pm »
Hey Everyone - I've been trying for the past couple of weeks to get a good scraper to no avail. It dawned on me that my cousin is a member of a forge and would probably be able to make me some if I knew what I wanted... basically, what dimensions with what kind of angle on one edge? I have a cabinet scraper but find it too thin and it flexes a lot compared to what I have used in the past..

Justin, found your post from awhile back and it seems close to what I'm lookin for- just need a few more details.

For anyone interested, I went down to the local welding shop today to get some metal for trade points.  While I was there I got a 24"X8" piece of stainless sheet metal and they used their shear to cut it to scraper sized pieces.  I came out with 6  4"x8" stainless scrapers plus a piece for points for $3.  I also asked about high carbon steel (like band saw blades) for more points  and they gave me 3 old blades from their saw that are 1"x 8' long.  It might be worth a trip to your local welding or metal shop. Justin

Thanks for the help!

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Scrape Design
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:56:50 pm »
I had a buddy take some old circular saw blades to his work he cut out some rectangles for me.  I filed a nice bur on them and they work pretty good.  They aren't nothin' fancy, but they work.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 07:15:17 pm »
I have a planer blade that i use.  It is probably 9 inches long by 1.25 wide.  It works great.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Jeremiah

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 01:01:37 pm »
Thanks Riley, buildin a list of tools to ask for