Author Topic: Please Correct My Anchor Position  (Read 9102 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: Please Correct My Anchor Position
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 06:22:24 pm »
Once you get comfortable shooting, work on getting some arrows matched to that bow.  It makes a world of difference. and as others pointed out, self bows are generally touchier to arrow spine.  As for anchor, do what feels most comfortable, but it sounds as though you still want to get that arrow up near your eye, which tempts the aiming down the arrow syndrome.  When you golf, do you aim? When you shoot a basketball, do you aim? When you move your mouse, do you aim? The answer is no. You just look where you want it to go.  Practice does the rest.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline H Rhodes

Re: Please Correct My Anchor Position
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 02:58:55 am »
I agree with CMB about getting your arrows properly spined to match your bow.  Throw in a proper brace height and string nock position and you are well on your way.  I was seeking something simpler to tune when I went traditional but, actually there are some fundamentals that can't be overlooked.  I was surfing the web a while back and came across a fantastic article on bow tuning which I think you might find useful... I know I did.  OL Adcock's Custom Bows website and click on "bow tuning".  There is a lot of good info there. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi