Author Topic: The Kitchen Window  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

The Kitchen Window
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:58:06 pm »
What can you see from your kitchen window?  This evening while looking for my horses in the pasture across the road there were three bunches of elk feeding on the hill sides.  I try to keep an eye out for wolves in my horses and that is hard to do as the pasture is huge and the horses spend a lot of time out of sight.  The griz are out, but so far no sightings.  Have declared war on the skunks and coons!  The geese are back on the river!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: The Kitchen Window
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:52 am »
I can see my orange tree in full bloom, picked and juiced all the fruit 3 weeks ago ;D.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline SA

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:30:46 am »
a redbud and my neighbors house about 10' away ;D
Shawn Acker

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:32:33 am »
Trees!!  Thats the way I like it!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline cracker

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29:05 am »
My smoker cooking away on some pork ribs some woods and the wading pool where my dog blasts through and blows all the water out onto the ground to cool off. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 09:49:03 am »
Deer,Turkey most every day and sometimes a good looking woman in my swiming pool in the summer. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:28:51 am »
Trees and more trees, then a lake a little farther past the trees. I love my view and hate the payment!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 10:44:11 am »
A small creek in the front yard and a big wooded hill out back.  And at night my paranoid neighbors 2 porch lights and one big security light.  Only one on the road that keeps his lights on 24/7.  >:( Other than that, I live in paradise. dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 10:46:49 am »
2 porch lights and one big security light.  Only one on the road that keeps his lights on 24/7. 
[/quote]RED RIDER and a box of bb's.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 10:54:50 am »
2 porch lights and one big security light.  Only one on the road that keeps his lights on 24/7. 
RED RIDER and a box of bb's.
[/quote]

>:DI know, I know, but I'm sure he'd know it was me. I've thought that many times.  >:D dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 10:56:41 am »
About 40 yards of hayfield and then a forest of mostly osage.  One of them has deer a stand in it.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Keenan

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 11:20:41 am »
Joe you are a big tease :o Make a post like this with no pictures ::) ,,,,,,I demand pictures! :o

Our kitchen faces the back of our property, so it is the barn and horse paddock. Lulyn loves being able to see the horses in the morning.  Occasionally deer in the front yard, and allot of tall pine trees. We only have a couple acres so we create our own scenery sometimes >:D

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 11:51:12 am »
Keenan:  Its probably a blessing for those on the PA site as I don't know how to post pictures!  Three days ago on one of my shed horn hunts, I saw 15 bulls with two shed heads and the rest packing.  Fun to see them.  I can see how the folks in Bend believe in wilderness monsters!  A/Ho Joe  Also see a big bunch of buffalo bulls in the front pasture! 
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Keenan

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 12:05:38 pm »
Joe you are a lucky guy. I have been out shed hunting a little here for the deer horns. Found a nice heavy horned 5 point mully but could not find the other side. The elk are still packing here. hopefully soon.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »
Trees and my chickens runnin loose,,ocasionally my grandaughter runnin by!
 8)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does