Author Topic: misslemaster wins February Self BOM!!  (Read 4376 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
misslemaster wins February Self BOM!!
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:06:20 am »

misslemaster wins February Self BOM with his Heat Tempered “Hickorycurve!!!"

Congratulations to misslemaster from Harvar, IL for winning February Self BOM contest!!!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,31018.0.html

misslemaster’s Heat Tempered “Hickorycurve"

Here's what misslemaster had to say about his bow:   Hey guys,  Here is another H.T. hickory bow I just finnished up. Its 64" NTN, 1 3/4" at the fades with a strait taper to 7/16" nocks. 1/4" positive tiller. The bottom limb is 1 1/2" shorter than the top limb, first time trying that.

It came in at 45# @ 28", A little under my target poundage but this bow shoots very well, no stack and quiet. The growth rings were a little tight on the back so I sanded it smooth and burnished it well. The coloration is brown rit dye over grey. 7 coats of tru oil with ipe tip overlays. Now its about time to start on my trade bow ( which has been drying in my hot box). Thanks for looking.   Cody

Here are some of the comments from forum members:  

Wow!  what a beautiful bow! I like the contours on it. I bet it shoots really nice. Weylin 

Nice hickory stick for sure.  Pearl Drums 

Like always misslemaster that is a beauty!  Jon

Nice work, love the way that wood shows it's true beauty.  Like the lacing on the handle, wish i knew how to do that! You done good sir. K-hat

Cody, Your bows are quickly becoming some of my favorites to look at. Another top notch work of art and great weapon. Being a master bowyer at such a young age I can only wonder what your bows will be in twenty years. Well done. Keenan

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: misslemaster wins February Self BOM!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:33:43 am »
Congrats on another winner Cody!!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:14:26 am »
Cody it's amazing what you did with that stick. Just amazing. Congrats on one more win under that young belt  ;)

Cam that is beautiful work once again amigo!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

TurtleCreek

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:35:37 am »
A well deserved win, that is one sweet lookin' hickory bow!

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:00:42 pm »
Well deserved win....and two months in a row.  Congrats Cody!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:05:01 pm by HoBow »
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:11:33 am »
Again, thank you everyone. Its truly an honor to be picked again with so many top notch bows submited. Im humbled. thank you all

God bless, Cody
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.