Author Topic: Almostpighunter wins February  Backed BOM contest!!!    (Read 6679 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Almostpighunter wins February  Backed BOM contest!!!  
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:26:33 am »

Almostpighunter wins February  Backed BOM contest!!!  

Congratulations to "Almostpighunter" from Las Vegas, NV for winning February Backed BOM Contest!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,31051.0.html

Almostpighunter’s Sinew Backed Osage Snake 

Here's what Michael says about his BOM contribution, entry and win:  Well, here's my first attempt with sinew and I have to say that I aim to be doing a lot more.

The bow is Osage Orange backed with sinew and baby Burmese Python. At the moment it is shoot off the hand, with the handle wrapped with buckskin. Shooting right around the 155-160fps marker at 55#@28". The bow is 54"T2T and 52"N2N, kinda a mollegabet hybrid with static tips with a very slight natural recurve, which is good because it did take some set (or as I have heard some other bowyers say: "It settled in a little bit"). I absolutely love the smoothness of this bow and am feeling really good about the world of sinew after this first attempt/success.

Here are some of the comments from forum members: 

SaWEEET little bow!!!  Love the skins (I have a mongo granite phase Burmese in my freezer to play with this summer)  I really love the face on view/last pic.  I need to try a shorter bow with the hybrid/thicker tips sometime soon...they are really growing on me. Well done bud!!!  Lee Slikkers

Very cool little bow. I love the side knock on the top limb too. Very nice! Pat B 

Very unique little bow!! and quick to boot.  coaster500 

Awesome bow man, it's nice to see you showing those compound shooting dudes how it's done.  Youngboyer2

real nice bend on that one, Bub

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: Almostpighunter wins February  Backed BOM contest!!!  
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:34:58 am »
Congrats on another winner Michael!!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:09:37 am by Cameroo »

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:58:52 am »
Congrats Mike.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:12:29 am »
Congrats on YET another win amigo :D

Wow Cam! You outdid yourself. Thank you mucho!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:05:50 pm »
Congrats! 
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:13:14 am »
Congadulations almost... That is a swell looking weapon. A well deserved win.

Cody
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

TurtleCreek

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 04:45:22 am »
  Beautiful bow!!!  The contrast between the different materials is absolutely striking, a job well done and certainly a well deserved win... congrats.

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 02:35:01 am »
Just realized I put my "Thank you" in the other thread... so, to everyone on this forum, thank you very much. I am so humbled, honored and inspired that my first attempt at sinew backing would be so well received. You guys are the best!