Author Topic: 2nd Annual Cross Plains Get-together (Pictures Added)  (Read 42081 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: 2nd Annual Cross Plains Get-together (Pictures Added)
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2012, 04:09:09 pm »
Great pics Paul.  We were for sure all serious about busting up rock. ;D ;D  Nobody even knows the pictures are being taken.  2 good ones there, super blade, especially those notches!

Bevan's coming down in late July, I might take him out there to break up some rock and see if the piggies are around.  Would love company if anybody's interested in joining us.  Need to introduce Bevan to a little West Texas summer heat. >:D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »
Woo Hoo! Late July in west texas! Sure he'll love it. I'm planning on being in the pool around the time (mostly). Yea, that knapping pit out there was as busy as any i've ever seen. Haven't be so tied around a bunch of rock myself in quite awhile. Whatcha doin this weekend ::)? Just joshin, thinking about smoking a pig..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2012, 07:04:33 pm »
Whatcha doin this weekend ::)? Just joshin, thinking about smoking a pig..

Did you lure said porker into the back yard for smoked pork acquisition?  Smoked pork sounds really good, we're grilling some pork loin tonight to go with sweet potato fries.  Actually, this weekend my wife is going to visit our daughter in Denver for over a week, leaving Sunday morning.  Let the knapping begin... >:D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline seider

« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2012, 10:53:40 pm »
That is cruel welcoming someone to west texas heat like that.  Maybe just maybe i can show up for this one
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2012, 09:50:54 am »
Ha, no.. Said porker will be supplied by our local porker trapper :). I think those that are under 100lbs he can't sell so pretty much disposes in whatever fashion is agreeable to him on said day ::) :D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2012, 10:12:20 am »
That is cruel welcoming someone to west texas heat like that.  Maybe just maybe i can show up for this one

If it works out for us to go out there I'll let you know.  Cooler heads (pun intended) might prevail.

Ha, no.. Said porker will be supplied by our local porker trapper :). I think those that are under 100lbs he can't sell so pretty much disposes in whatever fashion is agreeable to him on said day ::) :D.

Yea, the guys on the hog forum that trap are always frustrated by the little ones which can't be sold but per the law must be killed.  The hard part is finding people willing to clean the little guys.  I tried trapping, but never could make the trigger work right in the door I welded up.  My pork supply is dwindling, I'm looking at a hog lease that's real close over here.  Hope to be hunting on there very soon and restock the freezer.  Enjoy that smoked pork. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2012, 07:37:46 pm »
Good Photos Y'all!!!
And Great Memories!
I really liked that Osage Arrow Wrench Cipriano, I almost brought the Rosewood one out to you instead...  >:D
The Good News is I have more Osage Cutoffs to make stuff out of yet. :)

Man... the end of July!!!
May have to Bust Outa Houston for another Cross Plains Crossing!!!

Hammer Down!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline seider

« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2012, 10:19:01 pm »

If it works out for us to go out there I'll let you know.  Cooler heads (pun intended) might prevail.

Yea, the guys on the hog forum that trap are always frustrated by the little ones which can't be sold but per the law must be killed.  The hard part is finding people willing to clean the little guys.  I tried trapping, but never could make the trigger work right in the door I welded up.  My pork supply is dwindling, I'm looking at a hog lease that's real close over here.  Hope to be hunting on there very soon and restock the freezer.  Enjoy that smoked pork. :)

George
[/quote

I have a few places around here i can go there is a place right behind me that is always calling people looking for someone to take a pig off there hands.  I have permision to go kill as many as i wont any way i wont
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2012, 10:30:15 pm »

George

If I lived closer those guys would have a steady market for the little rooters.  I can only imagine how fun it would be to hang a half dozen of those little 25 pounders in the smoker and smoke 'em up whole.  I would lay out a smoked piggy on each of the tables at a friend's wild game feed.  The cheek meat alone would be worth it! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »
If I lived closer those guys would have a steady market for the little rooters. 

JW, I mapped it out and it is only about 2 hours longer to get there than it was to get to John B's place in Iowa. ;)
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2012, 10:37:07 pm »
 ;D

How long do you think ol' George would put up with us?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2012, 11:45:14 pm »
;D

How long do you think ol' George would put up with us?

I can put up with you for a long time...Mrs. Stoneberg may be a harder sell.  Come on down and we'll see.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2012, 11:55:01 pm »
I can put up with you for a long time...Mrs. Stoneberg may be a harder sell.  Come on down and we'll see.
George
I wonder if we got a letter of recommendation from Mrs Bybee? ;D
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2012, 01:04:13 am »
Just don't mention me and Mrs Iowabow may write a letter of recommendation.   >:D