Author Topic: Headed to OJAM 2012  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Headed to OJAM 2012
« on: March 22, 2012, 01:40:13 pm »
Well, were ready to go to OJAm to day. For all of you that don't know, OJAM is the Oklahoma Selfbow Jamborie. Its put on by all the fine guys of the OSS ( Oklahoma Selfbow Society) March 22-25. Those guys work their butts off puttin it on and I want to thank them in advance.
This is its 8th year and will be my 5th. Great time as you can imagine. So much yellow shavings you can't believe it. We are taking 15 people this year including several newbies so should be a blast.  Primitve bowyery is alive and well in this neck of the woods. We will try and take many photos and post when we get back.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline country

Re: Headed to OJAM 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 04:08:09 pm »
I was there last year....took my brother and son.... they both made bows and had a great time

Offline sleek

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:34:43 am »
I was there saturday, I wish I could have met up with you. I'm the guy that jumped into the pond to get all the clout shoot arrows if you saw that.... maybe next year eh?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 05:57:03 pm »
 Thanks for getting wet for everyone that hit the water. Me and some buddies shot the shoot but had close misses and no hits. But it was fun and the money goes to a good cause the OSS. Maybe next time we can get aquainted. 
 i will get some pics posted in next couple days for everyone to see. Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 06:59:06 pm »
Wish I could have been there!! Been trying for the last three years to make it. This year I just knew I would , had every thing ready but my uncle got bad sick and a trip to texas was in order. Maybe next year again. post pics! Sure it was a great time
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline sleek

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 03:54:48 am »
No worries on getting wet, a swim was in order for sure.... And one fellow to show his appreciation bought me a round of three on the self bow clout shoot. Real nice fellow...  Next time i will make it a point to look for you... I hear the Oklahoma Self Bow Society has another meet in the summer for members only, but not sure when... I am going to try and attend that also.

Knapper, its a good time, look forward to seeing you there next year, I hope your uncle pulls through ok...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline raghorns

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 09:52:14 am »
Had an amazing time! Everyone was so helpful in sharing info with those who built bows. OJAM will definitely be on my annual events list from now on.

A special thanks to Kerry, Steve, Will, and Mike Yancey for their friendship and help. No matter how busy Tommy was, he always had time to help one more person...the entire team from OSS was the same way. There were so many nice bows built because of their extraordinary efforts.

Thank you to all who worked so hard...you made OJAM an, "over the top " event.
Raghorns  (aka Lyle)   
Live Life at Full Draw