Author Topic: pics for Pearl  (Read 4125 times)

Offline seabass

Re: pics for Pearl
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »
why let the thread rest.i wan't to see the challenge stave.i bet i can send him a stave worse than yours.sorry Chris.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Steve Milbocker

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 10:53:01 pm »
That's a real beauty, love the character.
I'm no where near as smart as my phone!

Offline k-hat

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 11:53:28 pm »
Lol seabass.  Didn't wanna hijack the thread, AND I dunno if this is a contest ima be real proud of!   ::)  I've got the day off tomorrow, so i'll try to get pics up.  The wood is nice and dense/heavy, and i know she's gotta some arra flingin capabilities in there if the right hands can let her shine.  it's from a 5-6" diameter branch off of a hedge tree, it's even got about a 1/2" branch shootin off the back! Bout 2 inches of natural reflex.  Been in stave form for about 7 months, so i think it's dry.    Get ready Chris >:D

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 12:04:45 am »
You is one lucky dog!! Nice looking bow.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 10:49:05 am »
I believe the tree I made Steves bow from was struck by lighting. It has all kinds of dark spots in the top limb. 

Im ready Kevin. If a stave isnt covered in through checks it doesnt scare me one bit. Osage will take anything you give it. I will snap a pic of my prettiest stave when I get home tonite. Looks something like a 6 foot fish hook with bark on it that has caught too mahy fish and was straightened back out too many times!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:14 am »
Very nice work,I think I see that one up close, Steve it makes you look taller. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 07:26:26 pm »
thanks for the short joke Pappy,i have been missing them lol.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 07:45:47 pm »
here's one for the pearl challenge Kevin.it is mulberry and chockfull of character[i mean knots].Chris,the good news is that it has alot of natural reflex.are you up to the challenge buddy?
Middletown,Ohio

Offline k-hat

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 07:49:28 pm »
Well Pearl yours sounds like a funner stave than this one, but here goes (again, i warned you i took a challenging stave and made it worse!):

there are about 4 knots like this one:

and then there's this bad boy:

Forgot to take a sideways pic, but this has about 2" of natural reflex.  It's about 2" wide by 50ish" long.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »
Now seabass, that does look like a challenge.  i think Chris oughta hafta leave the character in her(all that reflexiness that is, can't get rid of the knots ;) ) and make an extreme character bow!! >:D

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »
Sea bass that stave looks almost like an unbraced Yumi... It would be sweet to try and make one from it...

Jon

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 07:54:08 pm »
Send 'em fella's!  Aint much a little heat cant fix right?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline seabass

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 07:57:12 pm »
let me get some money together and i'll send her your way.you have to do a build-a-long.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline k-hat

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:40 pm »
Awe now didn't you read the post!  You gotta leave all that bizness in the wood.  You could do us a character tiller-along, hopefully a lot better than mine :o  Let the heat gun rest >:D

Offline seabass

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 08:02:52 pm »
thats what i'm talkin about.extreme character build-a-long.
Middletown,Ohio