Author Topic: Bad News Knapping  (Read 6820 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Bad News Knapping
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 12:00:58 am »
Georgy you're truly a rock hound. I'm glad to hear the docs have a plan of action and that dad is more at ease. Like Gus said. We will "nock" it up a notch with the prayers tonight ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 08:17:06 pm »
Dad had triple bypass surgery late this morning.  He came through it fine according to the surgeon.  When we left the hospital at 5pm he had not awakened.  We were up at 4am and could not go on any longer.  Hopefully he'll wake up later tonight.  My flight back home is tomorrow evening.  I'm praying everything will be stable by then.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  We still need them.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »
I'm glad to here your Pop is doing good. That's got to be rough at his age. If I can give him a hand or help in anyway after you go home, let me know.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 12:29:45 am »
Thanks Eddie.  You've already been a great help.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 12:37:57 am »
That's a great report! Amen to that. We will continue to pray.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 02:44:11 pm »
Today has been a great day for Dad.  He got his breathing tube out about 8am and got off the ventilator.  He's talking now and giving the nurses a hard time.  They've been taking tubes out of him all morning.  But, the best thing of all was when they began to do breathing exercises with him.  There are graduations on the tube and Dad's natural competitiveness came out.  He'd seen a person doing the exercises on the video we watched and was determined to beat the woman in the video.  The next hour they came back he doubled that level and the third hour he actually banged the little indicator off the top.  Each time he would say to the therapist, is that OK for an 89 year old man?  They're going to hear that a lot, along with his life story.  They told me he's doing better than 90% of the patients they have no matter what age.  I had to laugh.  He's sitting up now, the bed morphs into a chair

For those of you that follow Dad's scroll saw work, I took a picture of the completed projects he has made and are ready to be delivered.

Thanks for the prayers, they're clearly helping.  I head home tonight, hate to leave, but anxious to get back to Mary.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Josh B

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 02:57:19 pm »
Glad to hear it George!  Their generation are some pretty tough folks. My family will continue to pray for his full recovery.  Josh

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 03:10:40 pm »
Glad to hear it George!  Their generation are some pretty tough folks. My family will continue to pray for his full recovery.  Josh

Diddo!!

Glad to hear it, nice scroll work too!!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 03:16:05 pm »
Yes Sir!

Glad to hear the good news indeed!
Switching back to Thanks And Praise! 

:)

Love the Scroll Saw Work!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 01:02:21 am »
im so glad he is doing well, i hope that trend continues ;D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 06:58:02 am »
That's great news George! Kinda made me chuckle a little  :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 01:40:02 pm »
George, Im glad to hear that your dad is doing better!  That is some amazing scroll work by the way.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Tower

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »
Happy to hear everything is going well. Sounds like he will back at that scrollsaw in no time.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 02:31:26 pm »
Thanks everybody.  I'm back home now and Dad is still harassing the hospital staff.  They're weaning him off the industrial pain meds so he isn't as comfortable anymore.  My money's on him to succeed though.  Hopefully the future stays bright for Dad.  He's anxious to get back to his shop.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »
George,

I'm Glad to hear that your Dad is full of fight and a desire to get back to work.
Hopefully that will aid him in a speedy recovery.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX