Author Topic: Thanks D Bernier!!  (Read 6589 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Thanks D Bernier!!
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:45:14 am »
Sorry Dick - these treasures of mine have been - Not forgotten, but in the shadows for a bit :). I'm afraid to shoot them for fear of messing them up - of course all my arrows nick each other on the target ;D, yeah right. I appreciate em and will attempt to make some for huntin soon, if I can't I have yours to fall back on. Oh yea guys look at this footed arrow with the obsidian point - beautiful!! and a handy carrying case to boot ;D, thanks Dick!

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

Re: Thanks D Bernier!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:23:40 am »
Sweet arra's cowboy yer a lucky guy :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

DBernier

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:16:25 am »
Cowboy, SHOOT THEM. Man you are fortunate---You know the arrow maker.  ;D  I made a jig, photos attached, to slot the knock and or tip end of the shaft. I know it is not Abo but, time, time time. When you are doing 2 or 3 dozen shafts  :o you could go loony.  On the knock end it allows me to fit wallnut, brazillion cherry, Osage etc into the knock for strength and looks. On the tip end it allows me to install the saw blade blunts Little John (Colorado) sent me. These are some of the most devastating arrows I have for rock (stump) shooting, and small game. They are almost indestructible. Glad you like the arrows. I will get back to knapping in the fall/winter and do some more stuff for us. In the mean time shoot them.

Dick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 11:25:05 am »
Nice looking arrows guys.  Dick, mine isn't quite that fancy, and I know it isn't very primitive, but it sure does come in handy like you said.  I guess if you put mine next to yours, mine would look more "primitive".   ;D  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

DBernier

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 11:53:39 am »
I know what you mean Justin. I just could not envision an Abo clamp safe enough to handle the circular saw. There for the metal clamp.  I thought better safe etc. etc. BTW I wish to thank "whoever" it was who came up with this idea for a jig.  ???   It sure is darn handy. Well I have to go walk my 2 miles today with the dogs. Exercise, exercise, exercise. Feeling good and lost 36# sense the 30th of July. To quote someone who shall remain anonymous  ;D  "Life is Good". Later

Dick

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 07:35:18 pm »
WOW 36#  Glad to hear that things are going good.  Aren't dogs wonderful, they never compain when you need a partner for a walk or anything else.  It sounds like you are going to be ready for some serious hunting here before you know it. Keep up the good work.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 09:11:51 pm »
I will shoot them now and then, if I kill something with one this season will post it. Sounds like you've had a speedy recovery all right - already walking two miles a day and lost all the weight :o, I need to start doing something positive for myself.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline possum

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 12:27:31 pm »
"SOME" dogs are great.  Mine went outside for good.  I had 21 pieces of back sinew on a hutch higher than my head and this mongrel got onto my table to reach it.  He ate 20 pieces of it! :o >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  Well, I hate to spam that angry face but I wouldn't be able to put enough of them on there.  He knew it too.  Shoulda seen him when he saw me pick up the last piece.  Full blooded boxer... anyone want one? ;D

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 10:13:23 am »
Dick, I think it was Nick(Ionian) that came up with that jig or one similar.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 11:17:10 am »
Dick, sounds like life really is good. Good to know you like the tie on blunts and that they work so well. One of these days I will make up a bunch and if you need more I will send them with the feathers that I havent forgotten about, hope you havent been in a bind for them. I have just been tottaly buzyand they are about to work us to death in the oil field. I am the least prepared for my hunting than I have ever been, never again. Very glad you are feeling good and doing well, keep up the good work.   
                                                                                                Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

DBernier

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 11:55:13 am »
Thanks Kenneth and guys. No rush on ANYTHING. Remember this is all for fun.   ;D

Dick
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:59:34 pm by DBernier »

jamie

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 07:54:47 pm »
nice job dick. hows about this winter we trade footed shafts. ill do a half dozen you do a half dozen. :)

DBernier

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 09:30:47 pm »
Sounds good to me Jamie. I thought I would do a "foot-along" and post it. Have to mark this on the callendar or the old CRS will kick in. I am still caneing canoe seats etc.

Dick