Author Topic: Easter Point  (Read 1109 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Easter Point
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:41:09 am »
We had company over for Easter dinner after church today.  It was a big day and when they had gone home and we were finally alone I got some time in the shop.  I botched a couple points and then I remembered a white spall I'd put back because of it's odd shape.  I thought it'd be appropriate to make a white point on Easter so I took a stab at it.  I had a nice little corner notch going when I stalled it.  I wanted the notches deeper and kept fiddling with it, finally working on it a bit with the diamond file.  When I thought I had it good enough I went for it and:

So, I turned it into a stemmed point.  Ended up 130 grains so it'll make a nice hunting point.  Not quite what I had in mind at the start though.

Happy Easter all. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Jimbob

Re: Easter Point
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:47:54 am »
Nice save George!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:21:00 am »
that otta hunt, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:13:40 am »
Turned out good George. If i could be so determined i'd have a bunch of arrowheads instead of all those half points laying around the yard :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:32:41 am »
My knapping area doesn't have as good a waste point throwing area as yours does. ;)  The piece that broke off actually flew up into the air in front of me and I caught it...and then threw it.  Fortunately I found it again to take the pictures.  Throwing the piece saved the point I guess. ::)  I should-a quit with the notches I had.  Dang this OCD!!!

George
St Paul, TX