Author Topic: Posting images  (Read 2364 times)

Offline bow101

Posting images
« on: April 08, 2012, 08:26:50 pm »
Exactly how does one post a photo on here..?
I notice on the far left that there is a photo icon, is that the way..?
and shows like below, so if my image is in my docs or desktop can I upload it that way...?

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Posting images
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 10:05:58 pm »
To be posted directly tp PA your pics have to be no more than 640x480 and 200mb. If your pics are larger they will be rejected. The easiest way is to get a Photobucket(or other photo hosting site)account and have all your pics presized to 640x480. Photobucket is free! These sites are set up so your pics will be accepted at most other websites. Also, you can free up space on your computer by storing your pics on Photobucket.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bow101

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:06:38 am »
Well here goes this image is only 17k and 380x380 px. I have allways edited my images after the photo snap. Just some woodworking i use to do.

Offline randman

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:31 am »
I have not had any luck posting .jpg files on here (at the correct size even)  and don't like the idea of having to sign up with yet another photo site (photobucket) just to post pics on here but I have had good luck posting .png (portable network graphic) format files (at the correct size) without any trouble at all. You can produce .png files with most photo editing or graphics software.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:07:59 pm »
THAT piece of woodworking is absolutely appropriate to this website.  A bowfront chest!

That is some beautiful work, sir!  Thanks for posting!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Tortoise

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »
Use imgur.com to upload, and copy/paste the link (BBC code) on the forums after you finish the upload.
-Peter
Arizona

Offline bow101

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 08:52:34 pm »
Can you not see the image on my second post....? ???

Use imgur.com to upload, and copy/paste the link (BBC code) on the forums after you finish the upload.

Offline bow101

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:00:42 pm »
Cheers thanks for the compliment. The sides are mohagany/maple. top and bottom are poplar with poplar drawers with cherry pulls.  It stands about 14 inches high 7 inches wide.
I sold it for $80.00 which is about $2.00 per hour. You never make up for it labour, just a passtime for fun.

THAT piece of woodworking is absolutely appropriate to this website.  A bowfront chest!

That is some beautiful work, sir!  Thanks for posting!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 12:47:39 am »
Something tells me that several of the stone knappers in here would love to get their mitts on a chest like that to display their arrowheads and knives!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.