Author Topic: What should I do ??? Classic camping  (Read 8655 times)

Offline seabass

Re: What should I do ??? Classic camping
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 06:17:51 pm »
Bob,i have seen the rain down there.hopefully it will be nice and sunny this year.i have been down twice and it has rained some both times.i don't care if it rains this time,i am still gonna have a good time.see you there.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 06:28:36 pm »
Bear,i think the grill tanks will work.gonna grab a couple tonight from my uncle and get them filled this week.see you soon.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 12:58:52 am »
got two tanks Bear and will have them filled after work.buying a battery charger also  so we should be good on those.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stickbender

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 01:23:25 am »
     Mickey Mouse rig the U bolt, park it on the side of a somewhat busy road, in a somewhat nefarious part of town and wait for it to be stolen, then call your insurance agent, tell him, you had a flat, and came back and it was gone! :o  Get the insurance money, go buy a better one, and go to the Classic in style!  And then you can sit in your dry comfortable camper, while every one else crowds under the shop cover, and stares with envy in your direction!
     Or if the horror stories of the rain deluges are true, then get a life raft with the tent on it, and you will be set.  Just put a long rope on the anchor, and you can float down to the shed, and get something to eat, and a few beers, and then pull yourself back up to your camping spot. ;)  Pretty simple when you think about it.  I think a lot.  Sometimes I think I can knapp an arrow head out of a good piece of rock, and then think, why did I try to make an arrow head out of a GOOD piece of rock, when I now have a pile of good rock rubble. :P  Then I think I will try to make my own arc welder...... ::)  Well anyway, good luck, and sometimes it is cheaper in the long run to just call the hook, and send it to the bone yard.  As for money, at the Classic, when get there,you could always, spend one night in the truck, and then get hush money  ;)......  But that might back fire, as "YOU" might be paying hush money. :-* :o :P  You have to be careful around them mountain folk. ;)  Sometimes they can be one step ahead of you, and adapt. ;)  Especially if you are from the city. ;)  Good luck with your decision.

Wayne
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:51:25 pm by stickbender »

Offline agd68

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:34 am »
I usually make it a rule never to buy from the largest or smallest dealers for anythiong. You either get great selection and poor service or great service and less selection. I always try for the midsize dealers.They're generaly hungery enough to make good deals , have pretty good service and can get what you want most times if the dont have it already
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline BearG

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:14 am »
Well I pulled it home last night, backed into driveway hopped out and saw the left front tire was rubbing.  Brought it back to work this morning, all we can think is that the springs are getting weak and at the angle of my drive it let it rub. Scuffed the tire but no damage was done. So maybe just say a little travlers prayer for Seabass and I on Thursdat night.  Because Friday early we will hit the road.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 11:54:44 am »
Good luck bear I'll send the force to be with you. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 01:48:14 pm »
Is it rubbing the inside or outside,if it is the inside the Axel has probably bent over years of loads,take the heavy stuff out and put it in the truck,or have them chain down the axle on both out side spindles and jack the middle,use to do that all the time on car haulers.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good