Author Topic: 2012 Hunting Pictures? Me First! lol  (Read 2560 times)

Offline zenmonkeyman

2012 Hunting Pictures? Me First! lol
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:01:51 pm »
Made my 1st bow kill of the year. 15 yards. Delilah will get to eat him for breakfast, and I get the hide.  I like using a strip of the fur to hold down the front and back ends of feathers on arrows. The skin is thin and very tough, and the fur is pretty with its stripes. And it's a short hair type of fur so it doesn't add much drag. Last year I tried to find a skinny bottle with the right taper to stretch a gopher skin, but recently I had an epiphany about clipping a forked branch. Simple and effective!

If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: 2012 Hunting Pictures? Me First! lol
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:49:24 pm »
i bet that stretcher would work on muskrats too if you made one a bit bigger
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: 2012 Hunting Pictures? Me First! lol
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 06:35:52 pm »
Spermophilus tridecimlineatus, a.k.a. 13 lined ground squirrel.  Niiiiice!

I always wanted to use a case skinned 13 as a bow grip. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.