Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Securing fletching thread

<< < (2/6) > >>

bowtarist:
I've used both the fingernail polish and superglue.  I also use Duco cement. Nail hardener works too.  I like the speed of the superglue, I use my fingers to get it all around the threads and then make sure I don't touch them together until the glue dries.  ;)  I use gorilla super glue.  Good luck, dpgratz

ps. on my "primitive" arrows, when I use sinew, I use either a bee propolis or pine pitch sealer made w/ either propolis or pitch disolved in alcohol and applied w/ a q-tip.

Pat B:
I sometimes get super glue in a little bottle with a brush applicator. This super glue in a light purple color but dries clear. The little brush applicator works well.
  For sinew wrap I usually use pitch varnish(basically hard pitch dissolved in alcohol)to seal them but also super glue sometimes too.

bubby:
i've used super glue, clear nail polish and tb3 and got the best results from the last two, but they all work, i use the same knot as patb and stefan, Bub

sadiejane:
use the loop knot on trad arrows with artificial sinew and duco
with real sinew/primitive arrows i use pitch glue
tho i think i may pick up some clear nail polish or the super glue with applicator for trad just for neatness/simplicity

Scowler:
When I don't use real sinew I use a double loop knot with artificial sinew and Barge cement. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version