Author Topic: Turkey Hunting in the morning-Oh Well!  (Read 2768 times)

Offline chasing crow

Turkey Hunting in the morning-Oh Well!
« on: April 28, 2012, 10:08:53 pm »
Well, I have my ground blind built, my oak bow ready, and my poplar shaft arrow tipped with a flint point I got from Billy. Just checked everything out and took a few shots from the blind and if that old limb was a turkey, I'd have stuck him every time! Hope to get a stick after the real thing in the morning!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:53:31 am by chasing crow »
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline lowell

Re: Turkey Hunting in the morning
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:26:47 pm »
Best of luck to you....keep us posted. ;)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 03:48:58 am »
  GOOD LUCK
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:50:55 am »
Well, no luck this morning. Nice weather and around 34 deg. Had turkeys just west of me (140 yd) and some NE across the river. Did call the westerners within 40 yd but couldn't talk them into crossing the small creek between us. Had 3 deer in very close. Nice morning in the woods. Maybe next time.
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: Turkey Hunting in the morning-Oh Well!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 05:18:13 am »
Even when you dont get to drop the string it is 10x better than being at work on a good day ;D hope you get a shot next go round ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:12:03 am »
Thats the truth soybean! I have spent at least 40 hours this week hunting, ONE bird and ONE gobble all week, pics below at 35-40 yards. Still wayyyyyy better than working for the man any day!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline IsaacW

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 03:06:19 pm »
35-40 yds... Man, if only you had a superhero bow with training wheels, front-fowarded carbon arrows, a trigger release, and all the other bells and whistles... it could have been yours... and not nearly as fun  ;D 
We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive.
Aldo Leopold

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 12:18:32 pm »
  I know what your saying Isaac I've had 10 longbeards all with in 25 to 40 yards in the last 15 day all laughing at me. Saying SEE SEE I told you he had a self bow.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline IsaacW

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 01:00:37 pm »
I don't know how it works, but when I hunt deer with primitive bow... they are just out of bow range and I think, "man, if only I had my flinter."  When I have the flintlock out, they are just out of smoothbore range and I say, "if I only had my .270."  When I have the .270... I see nothing.

We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive.
Aldo Leopold