Author Topic: Not sure on tiller  (Read 1005 times)

Offline tetaxidermy

Not sure on tiller
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:40:33 pm »
Ok, getting back to work on some bows. This one I sinewed back in early winter starting to tiller now, just not sure what the tiller should look like. See what you guys think. draw is 50# at 27'', but it pulls to 28'' no problem. 55 1/2 ntn osage.
"Andy Dufresne: Get busy living, or get busy dying."
The Shawshank Redemption

Offline randman

Re: Not sure on tiller
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:02:20 pm »
Looks good to my eye. Love the shape!
I'm just an apprentice on tillering but to my mind, you'd want that small amount of bend in the setback handle at full draw and your tips don't bend so much that it'll stack at full draw (still got a little room for string angle there) so I think it looks great. I'll wait to see what the more experienced guys say about it though.
I have a 48" yew that is almost identical in unbraced shape that I plan on sinewing so I wait for others opinion to see where to go with it as well.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline Dauntless

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:03:01 pm »
I think your tiller is golden! Handle is working just a little bit on the full draw, same as the outer limbs.  The shadow behind the left limb at full draw tricked my eye though, looked a bit hingey.

I do not know how to tiller theses five curve bows though.
The starving grad student with too many hobbies.

Offline rps3

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:33 pm »
Looks good to my eyes. It appears that you are getting each area to do its fair share of work. How does it shoot for you?

Offline tetaxidermy

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 04:53:24 am »
Thanks for the opinions guys, and it shoots great, little rocket launcher. Think it needs some horse hair locks on the nocks, not sure for the back yet, mabey some painted symbols.
"Andy Dufresne: Get busy living, or get busy dying."
The Shawshank Redemption

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:59:17 am »
Looks awsome, that is a design i know nothing about but boy it shure looks cool  8)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...