Author Topic: went scoutin.  (Read 6226 times)

jamie

went scoutin.
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:03:31 pm »
1 mile stretch of dirt road my hunting property is on. drove in. from one end to the other. 37 DEER!!!!!!!!!!!!! the young bucks were out about 12 forks and spikes. the older group of bucks i didnt see. it consists of a 10, two 8's and two 6's.  :o i was worried because last year a guy across the street was gun huntin and i was hearin a lot of single shots comin off that property. guess he sucks at shootin ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: went scoutin.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:29:00 pm »
I guess us primitive bowhunters arent the only ones that need to practice our shooting.  ;)  Glad to hear you got a good crop of bucks.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:54:33 pm »
Jamie, I'm glad to hear you are able to get out and about. ;) I guess a pending deer season is almost a miracle cure. ;D    How is your mast crop(soft and hard) in your neck(red) of the woods?   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

jamie

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 08:58:39 pm »
pat the meds are beatin the lymes but now i have to find something to beat the meds. plus if both my legs were broke and i there was a bizzard id still be in the woods when hutnin season comes around.

justin i always go out lookin for big bucks but as soon as a doe or fork walks by its looks to tasty to give up :) plus i love fork horns. its like a big doe. :)

Offline sonny

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 09:14:22 am »
cain't eat the antlers anyhow !  ;)
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 10:38:46 am »
Jamie, that's about the same number of deer in the whole county that I live in lol.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 10:55:34 am »
Man that sounds good, all those deer. Went scoutin around with a buddy the other day and saw two dove, a heron, and a frog ;D that's about two hours worth of walkin.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 11:06:06 am »
dove breasts and frog legs, sounds pretty tasty to me ;D
I haven't made it to the woods yet but the wife was at her brothers this weekend where she rifle hunts and saw a 10,8,7 and a bunch of little guys and gals.
I do believ I need to go and shoot one of "HER" deer ;D. She has taken nice 8 pointers the last 2 years, she guts em, drags em out and loads em in the truck all by her self what a woman eh guys ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

jamie

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 06:31:40 pm »
gotta get me one like that. ;D
steve if thats the case i aint never moving down.