Author Topic: log book ?  (Read 5295 times)

Offline sonny

log book ?
« on: September 01, 2007, 12:50:41 pm »
Just got to wondering if any of y'all keep a log book of your hunting adventures- what you saw that morning, where you set up, weather conditions, etc.
I know that there are certain memories that I'll keep forever (I hope!!) but there's likely some stuff I've probably forgotten that might be useful in patterning deer for instance. I'm thinking about finding a small notebook that I can keep in the center console of my truck, in which I'll record basic info about that day's hunt.
Heck, it wouldn't take five minutes to write down a few quick notes......and might be fun reading when the season is over.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: log book ?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:18:17 pm »
If i were you I would also make note of time and weather/temp.  :)  maybe those easy spirals that have 3 holes and then get a binder to hold them as each season passes.  My 88 year old neighbor has always kept notes of weather, temps, garden type things for years.  She still pulls them out and finds them useful.  :D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

jamie

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 06:27:18 pm »
wouldnt call it a notebook but after doing a lot of footwork i like to use areial and topo maps. to see if i may of possibly missed a hllow or ridge in the area. especially if its state land.

brokennock

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 02:41:04 am »
Funny I should find this post today. I've been meaning to keep a huntin and fishin journal for years. I jot down a note or 2 here and there but it's mostly details on an area. Finally I just started a real journal tonight. I'm startin it with events past and bringin it up to date then continuing it on with this comin season. Can't rely on my memorie forever,