Author Topic: arrows after the kill.  (Read 4963 times)

Offline possum

arrows after the kill.
« on: September 01, 2007, 02:03:46 pm »
I don't know if this ever gets thought of much but what does everyone do with their arrows after it gets a kill/
How many people retire the arrow?  How many develop a relationship and see how many you can get with your now "go to" arrow?

And how do you clean it?

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: arrows after the kill.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 02:04:42 pm »
I'll let you know after next weekend. ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline possum

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 02:20:35 pm »
haha
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

DBernier

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 02:40:41 pm »
That is a good question to ponder. When I shot aluminum with tri-bladed broadheads, I guess I retired them. Most of them were still good, some bent etc. but I put them in my used box. When I went back to longbow and Cedar and aluminum arrows, I reconditioned them and used them for practice etc. The last two years I have only taken one with a POC with a flint point. It was damaged and I replaced it. Still have the point---someplace. I have not been pushing the envelope for hunting as I should be lately. Kinda sitting in my natural blind and watching nature go by. I will put more effort in this year as I have a lot of recipes I want to try. Good food for thought.

Dick

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 03:52:05 pm »
  most of mine get broke in the kill.The hog I shot with Art's arrow twisted around and bit the arrow off.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 04:05:54 pm »
                       I use foreshafts(pressure fit) and most times I reclaim the arra. Put in new foreshaft and use again. "Course like eddie said sometimes tusks and teeth foil me ! ;D...bob

jamie

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 11:16:27 pm »
some ive saved some ive reused and a couple ive left in the woods to hopefully freak out an archeologist oneday ;D