Author Topic: some spring time fishing  (Read 1842 times)

youngbowyer

some spring time fishing
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:43:49 pm »
Just thought i would share what I do when i am not building bows, a little bit of fishing for wild brown trout on a small creek. I'd appreciate if if you could leave a comment on the video as well. No turkey hunting for me this year, haven't been able to get out at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZMdI7eQqT8

Offline lowell

Re: some spring time fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:18:39 pm »
Looks like a fun time and nice video!! 8)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:30:42 am »
Good times fishing. You did a great job on the video. I'm going tommorow for sturgeon. Hopefully have something to post monday.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:19:38 am »
That's a well done video, Youngbowyer.  What town is that creek in.  Remind me of where I lived in Martinsville from 90-93.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:30 am »
Very nice video,looks like a great time. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:09:13 am »
Enjoyed your video !  Beautiful fish and Nice looking creek too. When your gonna release your fish,remember to wet your hand before grabbing them.(You wanna leave that slime on them)  Makes me wanna go crick fishing now.  Thanks for sharing  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 10:22:06 am »
That was enjoyable Tom, takes me back about 40 years.  We ate all the fish we caught back then.  Times were tough and the words "Catch and Release" hadn't been put together yet.  Didn't have trout where I was fishing either.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 04:58:11 pm »

Great Video, Tom, nice to see catch and release, by someone your age.  I don't know about where you live, but some places, you can't use worms, and definitely not canned corn.  The corn resembles eggs, but if the trout gets off, it will die, because it can't digest the corn kernel.  Also, I believe what you were catching were Brookies, and not Brown Trout.  But none the less, it looks like you guys had a great time, and it is good to see young people outdoors, having fun, and not trashing it.  A big pat on the back for that.   ;) :) Also, I wish you luck on your future turkey hunts.  Nice enjoyable video. 

Wayne

youngbowyer

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 05:43:04 pm »
worms are allowed here, i heard about corn messing up there digestive system, i never really used corn anyway. I only keep the stocked trout from time to time and yes those were brown trout, not brookies. brook trout are darker and more colorful. This creek is in N.J and it is not listed anywhere as having trout in it. Thanks for the kind comments.
Tom.